Home General Discussion

Your Best Cigar Experience...

I know there has been a thread on the best cigars people have had and I know we all have our favorites, but I wanted to know what my fellow BOTL's best cigar smoking experiences were. It could be the best because of the company, the great conversation, the cigar paired really well with something, anything to make it the most memorable cigar smoking experience you've had.

My best cigar experience comes down to two events, but one barely edged out the other. The runner up was when I smoked my first real cigar, a Cusano 18 Double Maduro Churchill, with a buddy of mine down in Ft. Meyers, FL on New Years of 2007.. We were both away from our girlfriends and it was a really relaxing smoke, and that Cusano is still one of my favorite smokes today!

Ok on to the numero uno cigar experience... In December of 09 I decided I would visit my old roommate, who I consider my brother, up in Bloomington. When I walked in he showed me the jimmy-rigged smoke alarm deterant so that we could smoke inside so we wouldnt freeze. The next few days were a haze of rich, creamy smoke, rum, stout and takeout. We smoked a hearty combination of Punch Gran Puros and Gisperts while watching one of our favorite shows, Scrubs, all in the warm comfort of the apartment. We had a great chance to talk and catch up, and it will be a weekend that I will never forget..

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    There is not a single experience that stands out as my "best," but generally, I've had the best time smoking a cigar in the company of good friends on a Saturday night. It really washes away any stress that had accumulated during the week.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    My favorite experience was with my best friend. He and his wife and kids came up to my place which is about 3 hours away, as we just moved not too long ago. He and I sat in the garage and smoked and drank until 1AM. Started with a Fuente Anejo 55, then a Padilla Habano, and finished with an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    On the dock, smoking Cohiba's with my dad when he first retired and moved into his dream house

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    my best EXPERIENCE probably was smoking a Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo pairing it with Johnny Walker Blue (no relation...the regulars know what I mean by this lol) while celebrating my son's 1st birthday. Great smoke, Great Drink, Great Day = Great Experience.

"Long ashes my friends."

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    This fall I was smoking one of my favourite sticks while outdoors (read 50 miles from nowhere) when some Whisky Jacks (related to the Blue Jay) came to visit. They were landing on my head, my shoulders, my hands and one even perched right on the cigar I was smoking! Honest, I couldn't make that up if I tried.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    my best EXPERIENCE probably was smoking a Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo pairing it with Johnny Walker Blue (no relation...the regulars know what I mean by this lol) while celebrating my son's 1st birthday. Great smoke, Great Drink, Great Day = Great Experience.
    haven't seen JWB around lately.
  • dennisking:
    Krieg:
    haven't seen JWB around lately.
    i havent either and i am VERY pleased haha
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    It started out in this bar in DC, when this girl named Monica started hitting on me...
  • image Ocotepeque Honduras, Christmas Eve, smoking a Trinidad Maduro Robusto, wainting for homemade tamales
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best experiences are during the summer when I sit outside on my patio with my wife or son, or sometimes both, and smoke a good cigar and share good conversation.

Probably my favorite was last July when my son visited home just before his deployment to Iraq and his brother and I sat on the patio and had a cigar and some meaningful together time before he left to return to Fort Bragg.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Probably my favorite was last July when my son visited home just before his deployment to Iraq and his brother and I sat on the patio and had a cigar and some meaningful together time before he left to return to Fort Bragg.
    Hell yeah man. Sounds like a beautiful time, and major respect to your son from me - hope he stays safe.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    My next one!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Mine is vacationing at the beach in the RV with my favorite lime enhanced drink enjoying a full bodied super premium along with my full bodied wife. LOL
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I had an Ashton with my dad out on the porch when I graduated from college. Everything was just perfect.

I have a group of friends that play poker in the summer on my patio with cigars. Not much is better than that on a nice summer night.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Good thread!

Hmm, probably my most memorable/favorite was this fall. I had two great friends over to have a cigar in celebration of my wife getting pregnant. Had a Camacho Pre-Embargo and it was fantastic as always.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Good thread!

Hmm, probably my most memorable/favorite was this fall. I had two great friends over to have a cigar in celebration of my wife getting pregnant. Had a Camacho Pre-Embargo and it was fantastic as always.
    You've mentioned that day quite a few times, always stating how great the cigar was. I guess it's time for me to try one. Might be tomorrow actualy. I hope it lives up to my expectations.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    urbino:
    It started out in this bar in DC, when this girl named Monica started hitting on me...

Your liberal ways and southern location - How did I miss you Bill?
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Mine was just a month ago, late January of this year. My wife and I were out on our 7th anniversary and after dinner we took a stroll along the River Walk since it was unseasonably warm that night. A CAO 'VR' also kept us company as we reflected back on our time together.