Home General Discussion

Coffee and Cigars

I blog and work in social media as part of my company's marketing department. I was recently asked to write as a "guest blogger" at the "coffee for less blog" and submitted a simple post about some of my coffee and cigar pairings. If interested here is the link. http://www.coffeeforlessblog.com/504/coffee-and-cigars-guest-post/

Comments

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    dubiousmonk:
    I blog and work in social media as part of my company's marketing department. I was recently asked to write as a "guest blogger" at the "coffee for less blog" and submitted a simple post about some of my coffee and cigar pairings. If interested here is the link. http://www.coffeeforlessblog.com/504/coffee-and-cigars-guest-post/
    Far out I am a Coffee ADDICT and Love my Cigars with My Coffee
  • Nice...i am all about those green mountain coffees. Ever had the Sumantran Reserve??? Love making a cup of that and heading to the dog park with whatever catches my eye in the humi.
  • Yes the sumatran reserve rocks! do you have a keurig coffee machine? they are so awesome and the whole K-cup thing is like having a gourmet coffee shop on your counter top.
  • sure do! Love that little devil!!! If you havnt tried the Emril Big Easy Bold you need to hit that up with an Cu avana Intenso
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Whatever happened to just a cup of 8 o'clock coffee? :-S
  • Just drank the last of a box of big easy bold this week, def good stuff. gave my last intenso to a buddy from work, will have to snag some more. Got 10 olivas (varied) and some col cubano CT's on the way.
  • I love coffee and cigars, though I must admit I don't smoke a lot when I'm drinking my coffee. I got a bag of Alterra coffee for Christmas and it was really good. I think it was the Alterra's Favorite blend. They also have some Sumatra blends that are supposed to be very good. Anyone ever try Nuge Java? Never had it myself but I have a friend who is obsessed with it. I'm thinking of getting some, anything endorsed by Ted Nugent has to be awesome.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I absolutely love coffee and cigars. I drink just normal ol' Folgers. One of the best sticks to smoke while drinking coffee is the LFD Ligero.
  • dubiousmonk:
    Just drank the last of a box of big easy bold this week, def good stuff. gave my last intenso to a buddy from work, will have to snag some more. Got 10 olivas (varied) and some col cubano CT's on the way.
    Nice...I could do an Oliva V with with the Emeril, Dark Magic or the Newmans Extra Bold. Man...you got me itchn for a fresh cup and nice stick.
  • same here... thinking of having a Tullys Italiano dark roast and the new brittana reserva from kristoff after work....trying to let it sit for a bit though, I have a thompson house blend maybe ill just rock that.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    dubiousmonk:
    same here... thinking of having a Tullys Italiano dark roast and the new brittana reserva from kristoff after work....trying to let it sit for a bit though, I have a thompson house blend maybe ill just rock that.
    ive had quite a few coffee and cigar combos. The best combo Ive ever had was a perdomo2 with coffe (dunks). Other than that I feel that a good connie goes well with a coffee that has cream & sugar in it.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Whatever happened to just a cup of 8 o'clock coffee? :-S
    I still grind classic 8 o'clock beans and it makes a fine cup of joe!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    dubiousmonk:
    I have a thompson house blend maybe ill just rock that.
    Unfortunately Monk, I now have to come find you and make you die.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I just got in some beans from Nicaragua a day or two ago.

Have tried them in a couple of different roasts, and they are delicious when roasted to med/dark. Good black coffee pairs well with almost any good stick.

• shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    until i read your blog i didn't realize that the k-cups came in that large of a selection - i have a flavia machine at my work which is horrible and thought that it would be a similar system - now i am very interested in buying one
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    I used to love this particular 100% Kona coffee brand I was able to get here (no longer), and agh, I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. Sadly I have not found a Kona I liked as much since then either, but it made a fantastic pairing with early morning, or after breakfast cigars since it had no acidity, and an almost slight mint on the palate. Such a delicious buttery smooth coffee, and I kick myself everytime I think about it.

Anyone have a recommendation for an online source for the perfect Kona? Please :)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I used to have a buddy stationed at Pearl who would send me Kona beans all the time but he's not there anymore. I guess it was really cheap at the Commissary. Can't remember the name of my favorite either, but the one bag I still have is Royal Kona, it's pretty decent.

My favorite cup ever was had sitting on the steps of a roasting shed in Kona looking out over the coffee bushes through the morning mist while talking about coffee with the plantation owner.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've had the Bad A$$ (because they'll probably censor ass) coffee company's Kona down in Orlando. Great service, sweet little old couple (lived in Hawaii for a while), great coffee and they sell online.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    shamrocked:
    until i read your blog i didn't realize that the k-cups came in that large of a selection - i have a flavia machine at my work which is horrible and thought that it would be a similar system - now i am very interested in buying one
    they have a massive selection. You get get huge orders online. I have seen the K cups on ebay (50 cups for 15 dollars). Id go get yourself one.
  • My wife and I LOVE our Keurig Coffee Maker and the K-Cup selection is massive.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    dubiousmonk:

this is great I have never had a cigar with my coffee. I am going to give it a shot !
    by the way I love your quote ! Fear and Loathing, a great movie and even better book !
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Coffee and cigars are the best way to start a day my friend.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Nothing Like a padilla habano and a cup-o-joe...
  • Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    lately for me its been 8 o clock hazelnut or french vanilla, whole bean of course. Works with any cigar ive found ha ha.