Home General Discussion
Options

Perdomo wheels

I came across a wheel of 40 or 50 fresh rolled Perdomo's online; anyone have any experience with these? They're advertised as green, but it's said they improve with time in the humi - if I buy these, I wanna age them for 6mo or more; can anyone tell me if they improve enough to be worth my while?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like them fresh, x. Darn tasty. I've never aged any, though.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I bought a new humidor in July of last year and needed some inexpensive sticks to use as filler for the new humi. I bought the Perdomo fresh rolled wheel in the robusto size to fill it up a bit. I smoked a couple right away and thought they were okay. I just took another one out a couple weeks ago and thought it was damn good. six months in the humi did wonders for these things. I would say they are well worth the investment.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    good to know, i've also often wondered about these.
    hey clotfelter, you still in silverton. i am in salem.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    dennisking:
    good to know, i've also often wondered about these.
    hey clotfelter, you still in silverton. i am in salem.
    I currently call Silverton home but I work in Afghanistan. I get back to Silverton every couple of months. I'll be home again in June, maybe I'll throw a couple of those Perdomos your way. They'll have almost a full year in the humi by then.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    we will just have to get together for a little smokin. are you a civilian contractor?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Anyone know how long these wheels are aged? I remember reading that around 90 or less is when you get that "chincles" taste, but after that, it degrades as the cigar goes through its resting/aging
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Anyone know how long these wheels are aged? I remember reading that around 90 or less is when you get that "chincles" taste, but after that, it degrades as the cigar goes through its resting/aging
    It's hard to say. Who knows how long they've been in the warehouse, they could be fresh or have been sitting there for 6 months.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    j0z3r:
    xmacro:
    It's hard to say. Who knows how long they've been in the warehouse, they could be fresh or have been sitting there for 6 months.
    Ccom catalog just came to my place - glad to see Ccom is now stocking these. Any chance Ccom might stock the Connecticut version of these soon?

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    xmacro:
    j0z3r:
    xmacro:
    Ccom catalog just came to my place - glad to see Ccom is now stocking these. Any chance Ccom might stock the Connecticut version of these soon?

I'd email tim. If not, he can get em for you.