Home Ratings & Reviews

Black Label Trading Co. - Last Rites

BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Ratings & Reviews

Black Label Trading Co. - Last Rites. I can only pin point a few things on this stick. One being pepper and a lot of it. No change at all from 1/3 - 2/3. Very disappointed. Poor construction. Trashed it. Good burn, plenty of smoke, just horrible taste. Moving on.

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

Comments

• BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just talking to Lee about this. I have never had an issue with their quality but apparently others have.

@ForMud said:
    If you have anymore.....Send them my way.....Me likes. :)

hahaha! this was a single from my local b&m. Sorry! I'd send them if i had them!

@deadman said:
    I was just talking to Lee about this. I have never had an issue with their quality but apparently others have.

bad stick in every lot i suppose. i just happen to end up with that one lol

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I'm drinking.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually have good luck with BLTC and have been impressed with many of them.

I also just smoked a lawless churchill the other evening and it would not stay lit at all. Tight draw. Kind of disappointing. Probably had it sitting around in my humidor for at least a year or 2. So it happens!

Smoking a green hornet now. I was probably late to the game to try these, but they are very good. Have not had any issues with the many I've smoked.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@Stubble said:
    Try the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro.

@Stubble said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@Stubble said:
    Try the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro.

Hey, if he don't like the BLTC Last Rites, this is 180 degrees the other way. Tell me I'm wrong. Everyone's taste is different, is it not? Don't be a negative nelly Miguel....

I don't disagree. The monkey's eyeroll was my way of saying that I entirely expected somebody to make the joke you made. Thanks for delivering on my expectations.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BullSquatch Give the 6.5x42 Petite Lancero a try. I think you were smoking a 6x60 from the picture. You might be more satisfied with a smaller ring gauge, if not then the Last Rites just isn't your blend. Also if any of those vitolas have some age on them that will make a difference.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    @BullSquatch Give the 6.5x42 Petite Lancero a try. I think you were smoking a 6x60 from the picture. You might be more satisfied with a smaller ring gauge, if not then the Last Rites just isn't your blend. Also if any of those vitolas have some age on them that will make a difference.

The lanceros are my favorite. Very good. I always try and get the corona or lancero sizes of the BLTCs. Ive been way more impressed with those than the larger rg's.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually had some pretty bad burn issues with my last rites that I smoked last night at the midpoint.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have burn issues with a lot of black label sticks....maybe 30 percent of them. And no, not ROTT!

Don't look ↑
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭

If you like the last rights and you haven’t had the viaticum you should try it...if you can retro without wanting to tear up then you have no nose or something is wrong with you. That being said as @deadman pointed out bltc does have qc issues but for some odd reason the porcelain smokes great and haven’t had a single issue with them

Money can't buy taste
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lee.mcglynn said:
    If you like the last rights and you haven’t had the viaticum you should try it...if you can retro without wanting to tear up then you have no nose or something is wrong with you. That being said as @deadman pointed out bltc does have qc issues but for some odd reason the porcelain smokes great and haven’t had a single issue with them

I don’t understand the resistance to QC. It’s a standard part of manufacturing a product

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

BLTC has improved ten fold once they moved into their own factory a couple years back. I probably smoke more BLTC then anyone here and may have an issue 1 out of 30 or so. The one line I have consistent issue with is actually NBK. Those are at a higher rate but not astronomical

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

That's the one ^ I have a box of.

@Lee.mcglynn hold my beer. I retro every single time on everything, so I'm interested if this is the holy grail of pepper strength.

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Lee.mcglynn hold my beer. I retro every single time on everything, so I'm interested if this is the holy grail of pepper strength.

Is it still possible to earn a Ken Light MOW badge? I think Frank's up to the challenge. Kinda like Peter's pepper 🌶️ video challenge

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@VegasFrank said:

I’d say it’s up there!! It reminded me of when Francisco from dbl rolled me a nothing but liegro cheroot and I retrohaled that.

Money can't buy taste

@Yakster said:

@VegasFrank said:

Is it still possible to earn a Ken Light MOW badge? I think Frank's up to the challenge. Kinda like Peter's pepper 🌶️ video challenge

You mean this thing?

MoW Badge = Virtue, Original, Ruination
    MoW SF = Virtue, Original, Ruination, Special Edition
    Attachments on Badges:
    Combat Patch = Virtue and Original back to back
    Bronze Star = Original and Ruination back to back
    Silver Star = Virtue, Original, and Ruination back to back
    Ranger Tab = Virtue, Original, Ruination, and SE in one sitting

Don't look ↑
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    BLTC has improved ten fold once they moved into their own factory a couple years back. I probably smoke more BLTC then anyone here and may have an issue 1 out of 30 or so. The one line I have consistent issue with is actually NBK. Those are at a higher rate but not astronomical

Is the Leaf by James made at their factory? I've had 3, and 2 had major issues.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last Rites never disappointed me, thankfully. Although, I'm a Bishop's Blend and Morphine JUNKY. B)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

@Wylaff said:

@Usaf06 said:

Is the Leaf by James made at their factory? I've had 3, and 2 had major issues.

To answer the question it is yes the leaf by James is out of bltc factory

Money can't buy taste