Home General Discussion

Fullest/Hardest Hitting Smoke you've had...

Hey just began to wonder what is the fullest, biggest buzz-producing cigar you've had? I don't smoke cigars to get a buzz by any means, but I've heard some cigars really hit hard and I'm curious. I am a big fan of full bodied sticks but havent really had one that gave me a big buzz, how about you guys?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had an Edge Sumatra last summer on my ride home in traffic... was seriously gone.
    But in all fairness I knew nothing about a cigars having body.

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    oh man I gotta couple of those resting... remind me to not have anything planned the day I smoke it haha
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had an Edge Sumatra last summer on my ride home in traffic... was seriously gone.
    But in all fairness I knew nothing about a cigars having body.

I have an Edge Sumatra resting myself someone gave me...... Maybe thats why they gave it to me its an Ass Kicker! Not sure but this Rocky Patel Sun Grown was a Buzzer to me!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I've had a few hit me hard. Lately I had a Cain Maduro that was really in my face. I had a 5Vegas relic that was like this too, it was really fresh, I was in a car - bad combo. It had some burn issues so it could have been worse. I let it go out before things got too crazy.
  • 5 vegas relic was the biggest in body I have had so far. Got a decent buzz last time I had one with my pre-breakfast coffee. Haven't had the Cain yet but the Cain f didn't hit me too hard. Got a bit of a buzz but not too bad. I remember that was a GRREAT way to start off a triple cigar day (very very rare occurrence for me!)
  • My first time ever smoking the Edge sumatra was closed up in my truck trying to beat the cold. I opened the door stumbled inside and went immediately to the bathroom expecting to throw up. I manned up and layed dizzy in my bed and went to sleep!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I think a lot of factors go into this, maybe most importantly if you have a full stomach. A couple of days ago I had a forum blend maduro while clearing 31 feet of snow off my driveway. I was a little dehydrated, had no food and was working my ass off...when I was done, I was pretty lightheaded, even though this may not be the most full-boded smoke in the world. Another one that hit me like that was an Opus X.

However, I've had more than a few edge sumatra and maduro and never had any issues.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Cain Maduro double toro was the only stick to make me hurl, still damn tasty though.
    Smoked an Oliva V tonight and it kicked me a little. Sometimes if the belly is too full, the stick will kick my ass more.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Maybe it's smoking in a vehicle that causes the ramp up in the body of the cigar.
    Poor ventilation will work wonders.

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Opus **** mini belicoso, Opus Perfexion #5, Cain, LFD Mysterio all come to mind as dizzying cigars for me.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    I had a Partagas Black label on new years that laid me out pretty hard. Just a little side note, how do i put up a picture by my username?
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    Cain Maduro. Hands down. No contest. I honestly don't know why we're still talking about this. Come on guys. (also...Cask II)
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I've never had one hit me so hard I felt like hurling. However, the Cain maduro I had definitely gives a nice strong buzz. My buddy got sick when we split a ISOM RyJ Churchill he brought back from Russia when we were in HS. I thought it was delicious.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Before I had the daily smoking experience I have now, a fresh 5 Vegas CSII got me HIGH. In that same time period I had a Tatuaje Drac that wooped my ass pretty good. Nowadays, it's rare to catch a heavy buzz, but the ones that have made me feel it lately have been the El Cobre churchill and much to my surprise an Oliveros LTD Belicoso. For a 5.5x50 belicoso that LTD packs a serious punch! Very tasty as well... I've never gotten sick to my stomach though (yet).
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Oliva Serie V maduro 2008, the strength increases throughout the cigar and by the final two inches it turns full on thermonuclear, it doesn't matter what I eat before these always hit me hard. Another one that hit me pretty hard was the CuAvana Intenso toro, I couldn't finish it for fear of vomiting. A couple others that hit hard are the Cain F, Joya de Nicaragua Antaño robusto and the Antaño Dark Corojo. A lot of people talk about OpusX being really strong, but I haven't seen that in the ones I've smoked, one of which was the **** Power Ranger, it was strong but not "punch in the gut" strong like some of the ones I mentioned above, good cigar though.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    j0z3r:
    Oliva Serie V maduro 2008, the strength increases throughout the cigar and by the final two inches it turns full on thermonuclear, it doesn't matter what I eat before these always hit me hard.
    Same here, the guys at the Socal herf will remember, I smoked mine and got up and almost fell over. That thing has a punch to it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    j0z3r:
    Oliva Serie V maduro 2008, the strength increases throughout the cigar and by the final two inches it turns full on thermonuclear, it doesn't matter what I eat before these always hit me hard.
    Same here, the guys at the Socal herf will remember, I smoked mine and got up and almost fell over. That thing has a punch to it.
    I was right there with you that day with my Cain F...that cigar handed my ass to me that day.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had both Edges (maduro and sumatra), Sun Grown, Cain.. etc...didn't affect me...the first time I had an Opus X...I couldn't finish it. It kicked my ass (and no, I didn't hurl) I had a Patel Bros one night back when the football playoffs were still going on, and smoked it at a local B&M, I don't know what it was, maybe I just didn't eat enough, but it also got me. I think alot of it had to do with the 2nd hand smoke I was also getting because I have smoked Patel Bros before with no issues.

"Long ashes my friends."

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    God Of Fire 2006 Piramide by Carlito
  • kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    I think smoking in a cigar bar just might do it also. All the different smokes in the air are a little too much. My bro and I went to one and after an hour of smoking we left and 15 minutes later his steak he had 2 hours earlier was sitting on the ground outside his car door. Was kinda funny to watch because it's happened to me before too. It's an awful feeling.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with the three that hit me the hardest....... LFD Double Ligero Maduro, El Legendario by Camacho, and Camacho Triple Maduro........ The Edge is up there and so is the 5 Vegas Triple A.

But I always say, "If it ain't a kick in the ass, then it ain't a cigar."
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hardest hitting? The one I inhaled when I first started

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    a few of these have been said already...
    OpusX
    El Cobre
    Camacho Diploma Maduro
    LFD double ligero 6x60
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Oliva Serie V, Camacho corojo, LFD double maduro, isom montecristo #2.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Cu-Avanna Intenso and Camacho Corojo. Both of them left me dazed and buzzed for a good hour or so afterwards.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    For some reason the RP Sun Grown hit me the hardest. Kinda made my knees weak and I had to chill out for a while after I smoked it. The Oliva Serie V was pretty close, but for some reason the Sun Grown just did it to me.

Unlike many, I'm not really looking for a 'buzz' from a cigar. I want a relaxing experience with lots of flavor. Unfortunately flavor sometimes comes with body which = tobacco buzz. If I'm looking for a buzz I'll look to something other than tobacco haha.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Heavy:
    For some reason the RP Sun Grown hit me the hardest. Kinda made my knees weak and I had to chill out for a while after I smoked it. The Oliva Serie V was pretty close, but for some reason the Sun Grown just did it to me.

Unlike many, I'm not really looking for a 'buzz' from a cigar. I want a relaxing experience with lots of flavor. Unfortunately flavor sometimes comes with body which = tobacco buzz. If I'm looking for a buzz I'll look to something other than tobacco haha.
    DITTO on the sun Grown......I can see that cigars are like Whiskey.... Back in the day when i Drank, I could drink a half gallon of Jack daniels in a couple days and not have a problem...... give me 2 shots of Wild Turkey and I was WHACKED..... LOL AHHHHHH those were the Days !!!!! NOT!!!! LOL
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im surprised that the MOW Ruination hasnt made the list yet. That did it for me.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Wow...this was a very interesting thread. Noting a variety of what others have considered Ass-Kickers...for me it was the 5 Vegas relic...I thought it was because it was so new...so I have the remainder resting in the humi..now I am more afraid to go back to them. Surprisingly for me, I really enjoyed the Oliva V maddy...I have about 10 or 12 resting, already close to a year. I have about ten of the Cain resting that now I am afraid to "unrest" becasue they seem to be thermonuclear based on the responses to them in this thread. The very first GOF I smoked had me buzzed, but I had a double Gentleman Jack with it...I thought the Jack had me buzzed... The MOW usually leave me close to that point. but I finally came to the conclusion that I just don't like them based on the draw issues and burn problems I had with them.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hmm, well, normally, an Oliva Series V doesn't seem full bodied to me at all, but I smoked a Series V figurado (huge cigar, lol) in the afternoon last month - had to set her down with three inches to go or I was going to hurl. I drove straight home and ate something as soon as humanly possible.

Yesterday, I smoked a Lito Gomez Chisel during the hockey game. It was such as exciting game, I think my adrenaline was pumping the nicotine deep into my stomach - had to set that delicious cigar down with about 3 inches left. That sucked - the cigar was amazing.