Home General Discussion

What is your ideal outdoor smoking temperature?

I really enjoy the cool crisp night air typically in the low 50's. The weather in Atlanta right now is ideal and a good excuse for firing up a few sticks.

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Temperature usually doesn't bother me. I know I can't enjoy a cigar while I'm sweating my ass off. So really hot weather is out of the question for me. Lately here in MD, it's been 65-80 degrees and I've been loving my patio and my cigars. But I'll also gladly sit in the snow, bundled up in my wool coat with a heated blanket on my lap and enjoy a fine smoke too.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    About 75 degrees, sunny with a light breeze, emphasis on light.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    About 75 degrees, sunny with a light breeze, emphasis on light.
    Perfection...though I'd adjust that to anywhere between 65-75 degrees..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fall is starting to lower the temps here in the northeast. I'll go out on my patio until the snow flies, I'll just bundle up. After that, I'm going to have to find a cigar lounge until Spring.

I do like the tempature in the 60's to 70's with a breeze, but as long as it's not raining, I'll go out each day and have my cigar.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    For me the perfect temp for smoking is 70-75 so I can still sit outside in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm not a fan of cold weather AT ALL. If it would get up to around 85 during the day, then cool off to the low-mid 60's at night all year around I would be thrilled.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I like the weather around 60-70, but I ain't freezing my ass off again smoking a cigar when it's freaking 20 degrees outside. Sure glad there is a cigar bar in town.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    60-80. Yeah its a huge range but when its been 90+ during the day 80 can feel real nice. So just whatever feels good during the evening.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a wide range. 40-95

yes you read that right.

in the fall its nice to sit around the fire at night with friends, a hot cider and a strong cigar (mid 40s) and in the summer its great to sit in the shade with a nice mild smoke and a glass of iced tea. (mid 90s)

anything else in between is good too.
    in short, if its not snowing or raining, im ok with being outside.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like a cooler evening... Maybe 60-70* and I really just like to be a bit nippy compared to whatever temp it was during the day
  • I'm in North Jersey and I like the temp at night right now, it's 55-65. In the summer it's too hot and humid and the mosquitos make it impossible to sit outside.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I hate smoking in hot weather and I hate it in freezing weather, so anytime inbetween, though if it's windy I ain't smoking outside.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    Fall weather with some jeans on and a hoodie listening to the leaves blow and checking out all the colors with a nice beer or glass of 18 year whiskey in hand. perfection. when winter comes and it gets REALLY cold, I start breaking out the pipes more then the cigars.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fall weather with jeans and a hoodie does it for me. Perfect! I love this time of year. So easy to light up and relax.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a queen size electric blanket and plenty of outlets on my patio. My cigars and I are ready for winter!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    i have a wide range. 40-95

yes you read that right.

in the fall its nice to sit around the fire at night with friends, a hot cider and a strong cigar (mid 40s) and in the summer its great to sit in the shade with a nice mild smoke and a glass of iced tea. (mid 90s)

anything else in between is good too.
    in short, if its not snowing or raining, im ok with being outside.
    I'm pretty much the same way. The only problem with where I'm at is it wants to get windy, especially when the temperature starts to drop. I hate for it to be really windy outside, because it makes it hard to enjoy most anything.
  • Anything under 120.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Last year I froze trying to get a stick in, this winter I'm hitting the cigar bar!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    JZ:
    Last year I froze trying to get a stick in, this winter I'm hitting the cigar bar!
    ill have to 2nd that.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Anything above 50ish degrees, then my hands start getting a bit cold. Heh, listen to the guy in Socal **** about being cold...
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    So my response has changed from four or so months ago. Right now it is 36 degrees and I'm outside enjoying my first stogie of the year. Well first one outside, currently just in pants and a hoodie. God dam this feels good and is currently my ideal temp
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Night time during summer in New Orleans is just about perfect, 75-85 and a little humid. The smell of the humidity and the oak trees in the air pair great with a cigar. I cant stand smoking in the cold. _
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Interesting thread. I'd say 80-ish. But I'm happy in a wide variety of temps. The weather factors that really throw off my smoke are wind and humidity.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    SgtRick:
    Anything under 120.
    +1
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    fla-gypsy:
    SgtRick:
    Anything under 120.
    +1
    +2!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Interesting thread. I'd say 80-ish. But I'm happy in a wide variety of temps. The weather factors that really throw off my smoke are wind and humidity.
    Hot summer nights.. For me, are better than cool fall nights. 80 is a good start, but I don't mind sweaty 90s either. As long as there are no mosquitos. Hate those little fvckers.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Hot summer nights.. For me, are better than cool fall nights. 80 is a good start, but I don't mind sweaty 90s either. As long as there are no mosquitos. Hate those little fvckers.
    "Hot summer nights" and "those little fvckers" are a package deal, around here, kas. Soupy humidity comes with it -- no extra charge.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Whatever temperature makes me want a refreshing alcoholic beverage...and as long as I'm not sweating or freezing my ass off too bad.
  • taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    Well said kuzi, I agree with this though I don't mind a few snow flurries I'm not trying to smoke in a blizzard though.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I tend to smoke less during the hot months (July/August/September), unless I'm golfing. As soon as Fall rolls around, I'm a fiend for a walk in the park and a cigar. Upper 50s, low 60s with a nice breeze.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Sitting around: 75-80 degrees Walking, the cooler the better (within reason of course) 35 and bright sun out in the woods with the dog--great.