Home General Discussion

Partagas 150 and Padron Millennium maduro wrapper

I used to pick up 150s and Millenniums along with every other kind of cigar that the Cigar Stores near my work and near my home sold. They knew me and they would call me and hold 150s and Millenniums for me back in the late 90s. Well, both of the shop owners ended up getting and dying of cancer around the same time. I took that as a sign (right or wrong). I just woke up one day and said I'm not going to smoke any more. I had 5 decent sized humidors full of a wide variety of cigars. I gave them all away except for one. That one humidor has nothing but 150s and Millenniums in it. That humidor is in a vault now surrounded by cameras. No one will get to it.
They've been resting comfortably and are staying humid since 1999. I'm sure this probably sounds too good to be real. I think I've done a great job of identifying items that I think would be valuable years later - and not just with cigars. The 150s are all different sizes. The Millenniums are at the bottom and I haven't seen them in over 20 years but I know there down there. Does anyone know what the 150s and the Millenniums are worth these days? I haven't paid much attention because I don't smoke and I don't need the money. But one day, I'm going to need to part with them.

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

My uncle had a 150s. His kids sold it after he died.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

I have many 150s and about 20 or so 160s. I have paid between $20-65 each over the years. The latest was last year for $65. The market right now on 150s is about $80-85 for 150 A.
    I think I gave my last 150 A to Trident a while back.
    Most of what I have, are 150 C
    The last 160 I bought was $25.

As for the Padron, I have no clue. I don't deal with them much.

Post edited by 0patience on
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tubba said:
    I used to pick up 150s and Millenniums along with every other kind of cigar that the Cigar Stores near my work and near my home sold. They knew me and they would call me and hold 150s and Millenniums for me back in the late 90s. Well, both of the shop owners ended up getting and dying of cancer around the same time. I took that as a sign (right or wrong). I just woke up one day and said I'm not going to smoke any more. I had 5 decent sized humidors full of a wide variety of cigars. I gave them all away except for one. That one humidor has nothing but 150s and Millenniums in it. That humidor is in a vault now surrounded by cameras. No one will get to it.
    They've been resting comfortably and are staying humid since 1999. I'm sure this probably sounds too good to be real. I think I've done a great job of identifying items that I think would be valuable years later - and not just with cigars. The 150s are all different sizes. The Millenniums are at the bottom and I haven't seen them in over 20 years but I know there down there. Does anyone know what the 150s and the Millenniums are worth these days? I haven't paid much attention because I don't smoke and I don't need the money. But one day, I'm going to need to part with them.

Photos

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, you have a camera on a humidor with a bunch of cigars in there? youve had a camera on them since 99? Digital cameras were barely a thing in 99...

Don't look ↑
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you are keeping up the humidity and upkeep maintenance (doesn’t sound like you are). They are worth nothing if that is the case.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be moved to the fishing tread.....With no one taking the bait, we won't be seeing a second post from him.

Can't be bothered to look but I'm sure he's posted up this same thing on numerous other cigar related forums.

If so, @Bob_Luken will find it!

Don't look ↑

It's DZR fo sho!!!!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Tubba said:

That humidor is in a vault now surrounded by cameras.
    No one will get to it.
    I'm sure this probably sounds too good to be real.
    I think I've done a great job

^^I don't know about you guys, but this is how I always do it.

I wanna know how a guy can do that and not be in there every day sifting through it to see what to smoke.
    Hell, even days I'm not smoking a cigar, I still have to see what's in there.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TubbaTubba Posts: 2

Lol. Many of these answers are the answers I pretty much expected - which is why I never bother to post before now. And you won't find this post elsewhere. Some of you guys sound like some very angry, depressed individuals with not much of a life. I don't blame you - we've all been canceled to some extent. To those who gave me dollar amounts - Thanks.
    The other things I've collected over the years is cars, guns and baseball mirabilia there's some ammunition - if anyone want to rag on those most American of things. I also have three houses and a farm - if anyone wants to rag on Farmers or homeowners. Go crazy. You're not hurting me one bit. I just laugh You can Cancel me by not responding. I won't bother to check either way.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't go

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tubba said:
    Lol. Many of these answers are the answers I pretty much expected - which is why I never bother to post before now. And you won't find this post elsewhere. Some of you guys sound like some very angry, depressed individuals with not much of a life. I don't blame you - we've all been canceled to some extent. To those who gave me dollar amounts - Thanks.
    The other things I've collected over the years is cars, guns and baseball mirabilia there's some ammunition - if anyone want to rag on those most American of things. I also have three houses and a farm - if anyone wants to rag on Farmers or homeowners. Go crazy. You're not hurting me one bit. I just laugh You can Cancel me by not responding. I won't bother to check either way.

...Watch ooT fo daT bro Franky, he ruins neighborhoods in Vegas.

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t know who’s canceling, but I’m damn sure enabling in here

You didn't answer my question. Has the environment remained stable and checked?

MOW badge received.

@Tubba said:

Well, in defense of the forum, as was stated, we don't know you.
    And the amount of people who come in and start similar posts, usually want to try to sell said items.
    You, an unknown are going to meet with resistance, while someone who has been here for a while, may not. Folks will still want pics.

Then again, if I offered up all my unicorns for sale, most folks would want to know if I got hacked.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I keep my unicorns in a safe, inside a vault, in a volcano.

Juicedratics!

And I saw a little > @Significant3 said:

Just smoked em.

Nice plume... 😆

Don't look ↑
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tubba said:
    I'm right and you all live in your parent's basement.

FIFY

@Tubba said:

Oh which is why you never bothered to post before now? You registered on April 2nd bro. Waited that whole day, huh? Must have been killing you, waiting so long.

Do you always introduce yourself by saying "I have a lot of awesome shet that nobody can get and it's in a big vault" ?? You must have a lot of friends. I'm sure you're the life of the party, according to you. You probably stand in the middle entrapping any poor soul who is unfortunate enough to accidentally make eye contact with you as you blather on about your great cigars and ficticous beach house and that time you WOULD HAVE made a million on a real estate deal, but someone let you down somehow.

Maybe you're a cool guy. Maybe you're just a slapdick nobody who needs to feel good about himself. Maybe you're just a worthless fücking troll. Whatever the case is, go die, fúckstick. Nobody cares.

Don't look ↑
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Tubba said:

Oh which is why you never bothered to post before now? You registered on April 2nd bro. Waited that whole day, huh? Must have been killing you, waiting so long.

Do you always introduce yourself by saying "I have a lot of awesome shet that nobody can get and it's in a big vault" ?? You must have a lot of friends. I'm sure you're the life of the party, according to you. You probably stand in the middle entrapping any poor soul who is unfortunate enough to accidentally make eye contact with you as you blather on about your great cigars and ficticous beach house and that time you WOULD HAVE made a million on a real estate deal, but someone let you down somehow.

Maybe you're a cool guy. Maybe you're just a slapdick nobody who needs to feel good about himself. Maybe you're just a worthless fücking troll. Whatever the case is, go die, fúckstick. Nobody cares.

Slapdick..... :D