Home Non Cigar Related

High blood pressure

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sucks.
For what ever reason, my blood pressure isn't cooperating and all the blood and EKG tests come back good, but for some reason, still very high blood pressure.
Meds are doing what they should and some nights really suck.

They put me in a heart monitor for 2 weeks and all good. Doesn't make any sense.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

I’ve got hereditary blood pressure issues as well (Thanks @GaryThompson ). I hope it sorts itself out brotha 🙏🏽 Might be time for alternative methods

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    I’ve got hereditary blood pressure issues as well (Thanks @GaryThompson ). I hope it sorts itself out brotha 🙏🏽 Might be time for alternative methods

Yep.
    Been looking into some breathing therapy that is supposed to help.
    And nutritionist is saying to take potassium and magnesium too..

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Magnesium helps me when the regular meds aren't quite cutting it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Patrickbrick said:
    Retire, no more high blood pressure. You're welcome.

Working on it. 2 more years to go and I can.
    Although, if I keep going this rate, I may have to take a medical retirement.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hang in there.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    Hang in there.

Yep. Thanks.
    I keep telling younger guys to think about the work they are doing and that everything they do now will come back to haunt them in their late 50s.

Year of commercial fishing in Alaska, logging and heavy equipment repair is taking its toll on this old body. The last 5 years have seemed to accelerate the breaking down.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yoga
    Easy to keep up if you ... spread your mat behind them yoga pants

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

My BP was borderline forever. That is, until they adjusted the parameters downward, which only served to make me more skeptical of the medical establishment. So I blew off the docs over the years when they suggested some BP meds. I always told them and myself I'll just exercise more and lose some weight. Well, that never happened, and now I wonder if some of my heart issues are a result of ignoring my 140/90 numbers. Lucky for me, that when I finally started listening, the first med (Losartan) at the initial dosage works perfectly.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Gf had a procedure this afternoon and I was wondering if her pressure was ever gonna drop so we could go home. Never had a blood pressure issue any other time.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

They started me on a low sodium regiment.
    It sucks.
    I have to keep my sodium diet under 2500 mg of sodium.
    Sounds easy, right? Start looking at Nutrition Facts on everything, then add all the sodium in them you eat through out the day. It adds up quickly.

And exercise. Evidently, the work I do isn't enough exercise.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

If work isn't exercise, why is it so tiring?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

It's a conundrum. Exercise is work, but work is not exercise. While true, a leap of faith is required to fully comprehend it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Patrickbrick said:
    Hang in there.

Yep. Thanks.
    I keep telling younger guys to think about the work they are doing and that everything they do now will come back to haunt them in their late 50s.

Year of commercial fishing in Alaska, logging and heavy equipment repair is taking its toll on this old body. The last 5 years have seemed to accelerate the breaking down.

I know that’s right

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Cam_91 said:

Yep.
    Been looking into some breathing therapy that is supposed to help.
    And nutritionist is saying to take potassium and magnesium too..

CPAP took care of my snoring and blood pressure within a week. Your wives will thank you.

Zero's got wives?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Zero's got wives?

Anybody have high BP dealing with multiple wives

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Zero's got wives?

Anybody have low BP dealing with multiple wives?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@deadman said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Zero's got wives?

Anyone have multiple wives?.....My mind doesn't even want to go there....

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:

@IndustMech said:

@deadman said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Zero's got wives?

Anyone have multiple wives?.....My mind doesn't even want to go there....

I've got a friend from Kenya who's dad was a village chieftain. He had multiple wives. Each one took responsibility for a different aspect of their lives. They seemed to make it work.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

@avengethis said:
    I have HBP and have been on Lisinopril for about 2 years but since starting a Keto diet with intermittent fasting and getting exercise I no longer have to be taking it. I am also using a CPAP machine but can also notice that I do sleep better even if I forget it or sleep with out it now that I have lost weight.

The thing I'm having a hard time with is that I am right at 6' and 180 lbs.
    So it's not like I am heavy.
    With this low sodium diet, I've lost 4 lbs in less than a week.
    The problem with the way I was eating, was I wouldn't eat anything all day or snack on a ton of processed junk food, then have a huge dinner that was packed with sodium/salt.
    The nutritionist figure I was at almost 5,000 mg of sodium per day. Ouch.

Now my sodium intake is between 1,000-2,000.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember that not every person's high BP is related to sodium. Years back, I was monitoring my BP daily and took my sodium intake very very low and my BP didn't change.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe that 4 lbs. is mostly water?

@peter4jc said:
    Remember that not every person's high BP is related to sodium. Years back, I was monitoring my BP daily and took my sodium intake very very low and my BP didn't change.

Just doing what Doc tells me.
    They take blood, put a monitor on me for however long and then tell me what I need to do.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: