Home General Discussion

Primeros

Anyone tried the Primeros regionals? It doesnt seem like they could be that great for a $50 bundle of 40. I saw the sampler in the catalog for this month, and i was thinking about picking one up. What do you guys think?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    The house blends are way better for the money. These are that cheap for a reason.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, their better than swishers, king edwards, white owls, etc, you can start one up and put it down when you get to work/schooll etc. and not feel guilty, and you can smoke them while your better cigars get a little humidor time. not terrible, just don't expect too much, the cuban primeros is probably the best of the lot, not too bad if you're in financial straits.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Gotcha. Just stickin with the daily deals then. As for house labels, I really liked corojo, i thought brazilian was decent, and i wasnt a fan of cuban. Any other recommendations?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    check out Gran Habano Vintage 2002, 20 sticks for <$40, rated 90, seriously good cigars, won't last forever. The Cank started a thread on these, I've bought 4 bundles, holds a 2 inch ash, long filler, chocolate on the tongue, leather and spice in the nose. First rate smokes at amazing price, well worth the $.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    pnaylon:
    Gotcha. Just stickin with the daily deals then. As for house labels, I really liked corojo, i thought brazilian was decent, and i wasnt a fan of cuban. Any other recommendations?

Have you tried the Cameroon or Red? I loved the flavors the Red offered, and the Cameroon was a fun interesting smoke. For the price, they are totally worth trying.