Home General Discussion

New apartment, what to smoke to celebrate?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Hi fellow BOTLs! I just recently moved out of the 'rents house into an apartment with a buddy of mine and I was wondering what I should smoke to celebrate the occasion? Something higher-end that you wouldn't normally smoke otherwise, maybe in the $20-40 range? I like anything from medium to very full, but normally go for the fuller-bodied/flavored sticks.

For anyone that would like my new address, let me know and I can PM it to you!

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bacon.jay:
    Hi fellow BOTLs! I just recently moved out of the 'rents house into an apartment with a buddy of mine and I was wondering what I should smoke to celebrate the occasion? Something higher-end that you wouldn't normally smoke otherwise, maybe in the $20-40 range? I like anything from medium to very full, but normally go for the fuller-bodied/flavored sticks.

If you have any... this occassion calls for a GOF without a doubt. This is one of the bigger things in life. ENJOY bro'.

I looked thru my address list and I don't have one for you, so send it along. I keep a list of BOTL addresses in case anyone wants to send a bomb and not let the "cat out of the bag" prior to it landing. Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    laker1963:
    Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.

Excellent idea brother. I will keep the new communal address book in mind next time I want to blow something to heck and beyond.
    badge54fd:
    laker1963:
    Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.

Excellent idea brother. I will keep the new communal address book in mind next time I want to blow something to heck and beyond.
    Yeah I have been doing it for quite a while now. I have 32 BOTL's addresses right now, and would gladly accept any others. A lot of the guy's know I do this and have contacted me for addresses before. It does make it easier to do surprise bombings.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Congrats bro... I'm looking to move into my hopefully renovated condo in a year or so.
    Hearing stuff like this will motivate me.

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    bacon.jay:

If you have any... this occassion calls for a GOF without a doubt. This is one of the bigger things in life. ENJOY bro'.

I looked thru my address list and I don't have one for you, so send it along. I keep a list of BOTL addresses in case anyone wants to send a bomb and not let the "cat out of the bag" prior to it landing. Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.

I have also started this, I have a list of BOTL's addresses as well.

I originally thought of a GOF, but I currently do not have one. I know where I can get one if I can find the time to go there though. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I actually just got my first apartment as well. Granted, I was living in a dorm before this, but I got to get the keys tomorrow, and if it is nice, I know I'll be enjoying both an Opus x and then a Camacho Triple Maduro.
    betasynn:
    I actually just got my first apartment as well. Granted, I was living in a dorm before this, but I got to get the keys tomorrow, and if it is nice, I know I'll be enjoying both an Opus x and then a Camacho Triple Maduro.
    ewwwwww, good choices too. Congrats beta.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll second the Opus X! Enjoy the new apartment and freedom!
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your freedom! What's the saying? "Go Big or Go Home" Well sounds like your home so go BIG. Description of the Camacho Pre Embargo looks tasty? Most expensive I have tried is the Liga Privada No.9. Live, Love and Learn.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padron 1926 Anniversary might be a good celebration.
    Dark Roast:
    Congrats on your freedom! What's the saying? "Go Big or Go Home" Well sounds like your home so go BIG. Description of the Camacho Pre Embargo looks tasty? Most expensive I have tried is the Liga Privada No.9. Live, Love and Learn.

I've got a Camacho PE and I like them a lot, but I'm looking for a little more cigar than that. Also, and I believe many others here will agree with me, the PE isn't as good as its MSRP suggests it is...

Laker, I'll get you my new addy when I can get to a real computer, right now I'm posting from my BlackBerry and it's not working quite right for some reason.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Moving into your own place is one of the best feelings ever. I moved into my own apartment about 6 months ago, and have loved every second of it. Congratulations. Reward yourself with something special! Heck, for $40 you could grab a couple sticks from the Opus/Padron/GOF class!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    GOF for sure, Anejo or Opus X all good choices to break in the new place.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    congrats on the new place man! my first place was when I was 18 and I didn't smoke cigars that often, but I wish I did.. GOF or a Camacho Triple Maduro would be a good call, enjoy it with a nice drink and congrats on the new freedom!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I have the lease in my hands. Brand new apartment!
    Well, I picked up an Ashton VSG Sorcerer today, as well as a Flying Pig Maduro that my local shop owner rolled. I was hoping that he would have a Padron 1964 Anniversary left, but he was out when I got there. I'm still wondering if I should go find a GOF or Anejo, because I've really wanted one for a while.