Home General Discussion

Remebering what you like and don't

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
Looking for recommendations/suggestions on what types of journals BOTL use. Paper, computer or a combination of both. How about cigar rings. Do you tape next to journal entries in paper format? Or just throw away? I am thinking about a paper format because I just enjoy the touch and feel of paper. Thanks

Comments

• tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    I have a small notebook that I keep just for cigars. I tape the band from any new cigar I try on top of the page along with where I bought it, what size and how much I paid. I also have my own rating system that I use so that I can recall whether or not I liked a specific cigar.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all in my brain. You smoke a dog **** once you will always remember what a dog **** is.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I figure I'll remember the ones I really hated. Anything I didn't hate enough to remember probably deserves a second shot, anyway.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    There are too many mediocre cigars to keep track, so I just keep track of what I really hate and what I really love
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    jsnake:
    It is all in my brain. You smoke a dog **** once you will always remember what a dog **** is.
    Sounds like SOMEBODY was touched inappropriately by a Black N Mild in their past! LMAO
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have a book that I put my labels in, along with tasting notes, time/date...etc. I think you can pick one up here at ccom.

"Long ashes my friends."

• txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    I jsut started using cigar briefcase...its a program you can download on to your comp. You can input all the cigar you currently own, and add cigars in that you have already smoked. It gives you a spot to give them a number ranking and a note box. Once all the data put in, you have it all at your finger tips and dont have to remember ever cigar you smoked. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and it is pretty sweet. Only down side is that it took a couple days to input everything.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep it all in my head, I never forget a thing. What were we talking about???
  • taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    This is pretty much the system that I use.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I figure I'll remember the ones I really hated. Anything I didn't hate enough to remember probably deserves a second shot, anyway.
    well said
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    well said
    +1
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    You can apply that to most things in life, actually.

Well said, bud.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I use my blog!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yup. You will only remember the bad ones, so thats all you really need, unless you want to keep a journal and see exactly what it was you smoked. Me personally, even though I'm only smoked 7 cigars, dont like to write or do anything except relax.

I gamble on sports, and it applies the same rules. I only remember the bad losses, the backdoor cover, or the crazy comebacks. All against me, nothing for me.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I use a little moleskine notebook that fits in my pocket. I'm not consistent with writing notes on every cigar I smoke. Sometimes I just want to enjoy a cigar and not have the "homework." As for bands, I use plastic sleeves (the kind you store baseball cards in) that I get from a hobby store.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    100% from memory so far, and I expect it to stay that way unless I have a problem and end up smoking something I don't like repeatedly.

I've take notes on a couple cigars, more in an effort to develop my pallatte than anything else. I also keep the bands, but they're just in a drawer sitting there for no particular reason.

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyones feedback. Guess I'll jot some things in a notebook from time to time and not get to obsessed. I think the enjoyment aspect trumps all!