Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Getting Deployed Contest

So I'm in the Navy and getting deployed to Kuwait next month. This is my 2nd deployment though it's my first being on the ground. I'm looking to thin out my stock a bit before I go. If you can guess my favorite brand and kind of scotch I'll send you a very nice reward. Hint it is single mat.

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    First off, thanks for your service.

I'm gonna say Macallan 12.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    +1 on your service to our country.
    Singleton 12 year
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    +2 for servicing our country Sir
    Johnnie Walker Red?
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    +3 for your service.

Laphroaig 10 year
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    thanks for your service man, sincerely. I'm gonna guess the classic single malt: Glenlivet 12 year
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    No idea about scotch, but good luck man, and thanks for your service.

Ive had a lot of family in the Navy going back a while. Good bunch of people you have there!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Thanks for your service, best of luck overseas! Dewars white label.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your service and best of luck to you.

I'll guess Oban 14 year.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I gotta say JW Blue
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Thanks for your service!

I'll guess Glenfiddich 15 yr
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Glenlivet 12 Year
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hayblet:
    Johnnie Walker Red?
    Goldy:
    I gotta say JW Blue
    *whispers* Psst, he said a single malt.

thank you for your service.

Aberlour 15 yr
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I hear ya brother, i just off of deployment on the Nimitz, PM me and we can keep in touch if you want, you'll still be able to get and keep cigars while youre over there. You going IA?

And Dalmore
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Thewelder:
    So I'm in the Navy and getting deployed to Kuwait next month. This is my 2nd deployment though it's my first being on the ground. I'm looking to thin out my stock a bit before I go. If you can guess my favorite brand and kind of scotch I'll send you a very nice reward. Hint it is single mat.

Thank you, and Glenlivet 12 (my first guess was taken).
    minibeezy:
    Thewelder:

^^^^glenlivet 12 is taken too. about two up - by diamondog
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your services man! +100 on that! Be safe bro!

How I like my women, 21 year old (Chivas)
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    ditto on the gratitude for you service.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    minibeezy:
    Thewelder:

Spoken for....
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Balvenie 12 year
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Just want to say good luck brother! Thanks for all that you do... and personally, I enjoy Glenfiddich 15
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Talisker 10 Year.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    My guess was the 10 year.

I know that the different years are different scotches, but I can't help but compare your guess to people guessing $xx and .01 on the Price is Right. Haha
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Diamondog:
    minibeezy:
    Thewelder:

Spoken for....

SOB. My bad.

Eff it, Macallan 21
    minibeezy:
    Diamondog:
    minibeezy:
    Thewelder:

Spoken for....

SOB. My bad.

Eff it, Macallan 21
    da*n... if he's affording Macallan 21 on a Navy salary, I'm joining the Navy!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Cant you take cigars with ya over there bro or share them with your buddies?
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I hear ya brother, i just off of deployment on the Nimitz, PM me and we can keep in touch if you want, you'll still be able to get and keep cigars while youre over there. You going IA?

And Dalmore
    Sorry guys none of those so far are correct. My fist deployment was on the Eisenhower, and if I was still a firemen there is no way in hell I would think of bringing cigars with me. The E4 and below smoke deck was the worse place in the world. I plan on getting my cigars shipped out to me actually, because I don't know about traveling with them.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Auchentoshan? (phenominal scotch)
    Glenkinchie?
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Glenrothes