Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Montecristo White

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I know most of you guys dont smoke this creamy stuff, but since I'm new to cigars, I want to get some of these. Anyone here have some that they want to trade? PM me.

Thanks

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    zeebra:
    I know most of you guys dont smoke this creamy stuff, but since I'm new to cigars, I want to get some of these. Anyone here have some that they want to trade? PM me.

Thanks
    I love these. Excellent, excellent morning smoke with coffee. Definitely my favorite Connecticut out there, period. But alas, I have none. This reminds me I need to pick some up.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Got a few in my box right now. I LOVE THEM !!! I actually love me a great creamy smoke !
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    The Cank:
    Got a few in my box right now. I LOVE THEM !!! I actually love me a great creamy smoke !

+1 on that ! I havent met a Monte I dont like!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    hmm....I see you guys like em. I'll just wait and see if they have a DD on it one day soon, and I'll grab me a few.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    The wife and I both enjoy these. Ive been looking for a deal on these for a while, nothing yet. I dont' think montis go on sale very often.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I dont recall ever seeing a DD on them
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    They did just have a DD on Monte within the last couple of weeks....
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Yea it was the Media Noche ........ I can honestly say they are the only Monti's I have ever scene on the DD ........ i think we need to lean on the good folks at CCOM to persuade then to have some Monti's up soon .........
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I know a place that has a pretty good deal on them ( I think ) but I will not advertise it on this site since Ccom is by far the best site and I do almost 100% of my cigar buying from here
    kingjk729:
    Yea it was the Media Noche ........ I can honestly say they are the only Monti's I have ever scene on the DD ........ i think we need to lean on the good folks at CCOM to persuade then to have some Monti's up soon .........
    I don't think we'll see many deals on Monte, RyJ, etc. I know this was brought up in the March Madness discussion. It has to do with MAP, minimum advertised price. Even if they could work a deal, they can't advertise at sale prices. Best bet is to call up one of the fine gentlemen (or Kelly) that works here and see if they can help ya out.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have never had one of these, although I see them all the time in the local B&M...haven't gotten one cuz they run $10+ each!

"Long ashes my friends."

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    cholmes8310:
    kingjk729:
    I don't think we'll see many deals on Monte, RyJ, etc. I know this was brought up in the March Madness discussion. It has to do with MAP, minimum advertised price. Even if they could work a deal, they can't advertise at sale prices. Best bet is to call up one of the fine gentlemen (or Kelly) that works here and see if they can help ya out.
    They will work a deal on the phone or email on the super super premiums, I can attest to that!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    cholmes8310:
    kingjk729:
    They will work a deal on the phone or email on the super super premiums, I can attest to that!
    They will if they can work out a deal on just about any stick. Are these ciagars really considered super super premiums? Just a question not trying to offend anyone just haven't had one in a vvvvvery long time and don't remember what they even tasted like. It was when I was a noob.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    My favorite monty by far. very good cigar. I don't have many left to trade but good luck. If no one bites then I say give tim a call see what he can do.
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    cholmes8310:
    kingjk729:
    They will if they can work out a deal on just about any stick. Are these ciagars really considered super super premiums? Just a question not trying to offend anyone just haven't had one in a vvvvvery long time and don't remember what they even tasted like. It was when I was a noob.
    These are not super premiums to me. They are premiums though to me. They are rolled with a grade A1 connecticut wrapper, and every one I've ever had has been flawless in construction/burn/draw, etc. And yes, they run about $9-11 depending on size and where you get them, but they are worth it to me. I prefer dark, oily, stong cigars, the fuller the better, but when I crave a connecticut shade wrapper, these are what I reach for.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    true but I love them with a warm cup of white chocolate mocha (mad at home of course)... mmmmm....
    phobicsquirrel:
    true but I love them with a warm cup of white chocolate mocha (mad at home of course)... mmmmm....
    you're on the edge of a man card suspension... haha... white chocolate mocha? Kinda feminine ain't it? I just like my Monte's with a nice cup of dark roast Folgers.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    phobicsquirrel:
    you're on the edge of a man card suspension... haha... white chocolate mocha? Kinda feminine ain't it? I just like my Monte's with a nice cup of dark roast Folgers.
    EDGE? WTF - Two Man Cards please.
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    phobicsquirrel:
    EDGE? WTF - Two Man Cards please.
    please, you and your iced mocha's at DD... you ain't got no room to talk buddy. And coffee preference isn't a primary offense. Let's see what the excuse it first.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    phobicsquirrel:
    next thing you know, it'll be orange mocha frappuccinos and you will light a cigar during a gas fight... man card please, for the sake of men everywhere and your own safety! :D
    Alex Williams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    next thing you know, it'll be orange mocha frappuccinos and you will light a cigar during a gas fight... man card please, for the sake of men everywhere and your own safety! :D
    OK, 3 votes, it's official. Hand it over squirrel.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    That will teach ya to throw stones while living in that glass house! lol
    So what size would you guys suggest? Whats the difference in taste between the sizes? Well, that question is really for all different cigar brands, not just the Monte Whites.
    I prefer the belicoso, 6.1x 52, or the Court, 5.5x44, in these...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    zeebra:
    So what size would you guys suggest? Whats the difference in taste between the sizes? Well, that question is really for all different cigar brands, not just the Monte Whites.
    I haven't had these but i will tell you what i'm sure you already know: it really all depends on personal preference. A smaller ring guage will give you a lot more taste of the wrapper, while a larger one will be mixed between the fillers and wrapper giving complexity. Also, a larger ring guage is a lot more forgiving while you have to "baby" a smaller ring. That being said, i don't think having to "baby" it is a bad thing at all. You will just have to try a smaller ring guage of a cigar you are familiar with to get an idea of the difference. Hope that helps!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    zeebra:
    I usually buy the Rothschildes. They're easier on my pocketbook.
    Alex Williams:
    zeebra:
    I haven't had these but i will tell you what i'm sure you already know: it really all depends on personal preference. A smaller ring guage will give you a lot more taste of the wrapper, while a larger one will be mixed between the fillers and wrapper giving complexity. Also, a larger ring guage is a lot more forgiving while you have to "baby" a smaller ring. That being said, i don't think having to "baby" it is a bad thing at all. You will just have to try a smaller ring guage of a cigar you are familiar with to get an idea of the difference. Hope that helps!
    Yes that does help alot. I was always curious why there are sooo many different sizes, not only montecristos, but like the AF's and other cigars. I'm going to try and google this more. Thanks Alex "Unibomber" Williams!
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    phobicsquirrel:
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    HA! freakin awesome!
    Went to watch the Mayweather/Mosley fight...and cigar store next door. Picked up the montecristo white especial no. 3....

I loved it! Smoooth and creamyyyy. Perfect burn, the wrapper did not even crack, not at all. Smoked it to the nub because the taste of it was excellent all the way! I will def get some more of these!