Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The 450 contest (because it's where I am)

Howdy Partners!

So I guess it's my turn to have a contest... and since I am almost 450 post old, I figured now is as good a time as any...so here it goes...

Guess my favorite book of all time based on these 2 clues:
1. It was written between 1875 and 1925 2. It had a "prequel" that was not well received

One guess per person and you have until my 450th post to make your guess. I will announce the winner at that point.

The prize pack will be at LEAST 8 great sticks and will include many of my persona favorites including, but not exclusive to, RP Decade, Casa Magna and DPG My Father...

Good Luck my friends...

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Can I clarify something with you? Is the "prequel" written by the same author?
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    This will be fun. Off to go think.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    sightunseen:
    Can I clarify something with you? Is the "prequel" written by the same author?
    ah... yes it is... same author and it came out later... sorry for the vagueness...
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Could you by chance reveal the origin of the works?
    mrpillow:
    Could you by chance reveal the origin of the works?
    well, I guess I could, but that would be 3 clues....ok... it was published in Europe... that's it... no more clues
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    could you, by chance, pm me the correct answer??
    Alex Williams:
    could you, by chance, pm me the correct answer??
    sure... pm sent...
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Maybe a Sherlock Holmes book? I thought maybe the great gatsby, but that couldn't be right, no prequel.

EDIT: Nvm, that prequel was by a different author ='(
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I'm guessing "King Solomon's Mines" by H. Rider Haggard. Prequel was "Allan Quatermain".
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Bram Stokers Dracula & Draculas Guest as the prequil?
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    what Happpens if teo people guess the same Book? My wife is a Literacy Genius and has 2 masters in English / Literature .. wish she would get her ass Home! LOL
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Musashi
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Redtailhawkoz:
    what Happpens if teo people guess the same Book? My wife is a Literacy Genius and has 2 masters in English / Literature .. wish she would get her ass Home! LOL

Excellent question, cause if we can double up, I'm waiting for your wife to get home too! :P

Edit (for clairification...my wife raised an eyebrow when she read that): I'm waiting for your wife to get home to you so she can tell you the answer, so I can copy it.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    minibeezy:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Excellent question, cause if we can double up, I'm waiting for your wife to get home too! :P

Edit (for clairification...my wife raised an eyebrow when she read that): I'm waiting for your wife to get home to you so she can tell you the answer, so I can copy it.
    too funny
    Redtailhawkoz:
    1st one wins
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    No Cell Phone?
    minibeezy:
    Redtailhawkoz:

ROTFLMAO! Hmmmmmm LOL
    Redtailhawkoz:
    just to be clear, if you guess a book that is already taken, you will have to re-guess... 1st one wins...
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    So here is my gues....ur favorite book is "King Solomons mines". Written buy a guy named H. Rider Haggard. The Prequal if im not mistaken is...Allan Quatermain! Am i right?
    Already taken, guess again.
    its an actuall book and not poety or essay writing correct?
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    its an actuall book and not poety or essay writing correct?
    correct... there is no need to name the author and/or the "prequel"...
    man another hint would be awesome...
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Treasure Island
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Great Gatsby....... long shot.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Gone with the WInd....
    coachjamie:
    Treasure Island
    already guessed
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    robbyras:
    the answer is Twilight by... welll, yeah not sure who wrote it...
    I WIN
    Fourtotheflush:
    coachjamie:
    Treasure Island
    already guessed
    Thanks for policing my contest Flush! you're on top of it...