Home General Discussion

Placing orders with C.Com

I just placed an order for a few of the samplers and a couple of other selected goodies. I just wanted to say how much I enjoy dealing with the folks at C.Com.

I mentioned that my wife likes to smoke a cigarillo type of cigar sometimes... well when I told Jeff jackson at C.Com what I was looking for he suggested I replace 2 of the 3 things I was going to try for her with something more suitable to her tastes. That was such a huge help because I know little if anything about these things.

That kind of service and helpful suggestions as far as orders go is what sets C.Com apart from the rest of the crowd. Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've dealt with Jeff via email, and he was quite helpful indeed.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I keep getting emails from Tim about placing my orders through him, but I never have done it. It's just so convenient to place my order online.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Jeff is the one who straightened things out when my order got bungled, and fixed things right up. A good man to deal with ;)
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Smoke=Fire:
    j0z3r:
    Jeff is the one who straightened things out when my order got bungled, and fixed things right up. A good man to deal with ;)

I guess I am lucky, in that as a Canadian, Jeff acts as our Sales Rep. So I contact him directly whenever I place an order.

The online ordering IS the easiest way to order for sure, but I like the added personal attention I get when ordering on the phone.

I am so stoked that I found C.Com. Between the guys on this forum and C.Com my learning curve is going straight up right now. :)
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great feedback guys. Jeff is a big asset to our team and knows his stuff when it comes to cigars.
  • laker1963,

Thank you for taking out the time and posting such a nice comment. As you have stated in your post that service separates us from the crowd, with that being true a few other things separate us as well. Our knowledge of the leaf and our love of it. We are not a bunch of reps. here that just take orders, anyone can offer that. Anyone can sell cigars, but when your wife smokes the cigars I suggested, tries and she likes them...then my job is successfully completed.

The ability for Tim, Alex, myself, etc. to offer our knowledge of cigars goes a lot longer way than ordering online with anyone. We extend our knowledge to assist our personal clients to try a cigar line they may have never thought they would like, but you put your trust in us and try them and do switch brands and save some money as a result sometimes As you know, my suggestions to you in the past have all been great suggestions and I say that because I know your smoking profile and palate.

Again thank you for finding the time to post such praise about me!

• Smoke=fire,

Thank you very much and glad all finally worked out. Looking forward to our future dealings together.

• idrivea9idrivea9 Posts: 44
    Last Friday I made my first order from c.com. I called and am not sure now who answered the phone, but they were great to talk to. The order arrived on Monday, and they kicked in a free cigar that the phone rep suggested to me, along with one of the new pillows for my hummie (which I needed). I don't do the discount stores, I rather pay the price for customer service. Cigars.com you won me over with customer service, fast delivery and just a down right great experience. Brian
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I just got used to placing all my orders online because that was the only way to do it when I was in Iraq. Now that I'm home, I may have to break down and give the guys a call. Maybe they can suggest some new stuff for me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive delt with jeff donny and tim in the past. every time they are awesome....even if you only ask a qestion. i ALWAYS tell my friends to call cigar.com if they are newer. the customer service really helps the new guys.
  • I have been a customer for 4 or 5 years.  I have delt with Donny most the time on the phone as I am in the UK.  Just heard heard he has left.  Shame as it was always a pleasure to chat to him as the service and advice was always excelllant.  Good luck to Donny and his musical adventures.

My new guy recommended me a new cigar Maxx by Alec Bradley.  The Curve (Torpedo)is a top cigar, big, great draw and flavours. Sits in the mouth really well. I really want a box now, after smoking one for about 90mins at the weekend whilst watching the NFL play-offs.    

• droach75droach75 Posts: 3
    anyone know the name of Donny's band?
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    urbino:
    I keep getting emails from Tim about placing my orders through him, but I never have done it. It's just so convenient to place my order online.

Funny you mention that Urbi - I was thinking the same thing, but Tim sent a flyer on something I wanted to try, so I sent him a couple of emails. One yesterday and one today - no word back yet...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Oddly enough, Tumbler, I did the same thing yesterday. I haven't heard anything back, either.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    droach75:
    anyone know the name of Donny's band?
    Wish I did.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

Funny you mention that Urbi - I was thinking the same thing, but Tim sent a flyer on something I wanted to try, so I sent him a couple of emails. One yesterday and one today - no word back yet...

I always send Tim an email when I want to place an order. I just send him what I want and he puts the order on my credit card. I don't have to re-enter the information or choose the shipping option, much easier for me. He always gets back to me on the same day. Didn't somebody on here say that they called in and that Tim was out of the country this week? (I think that I remember reading that) That may be the reason that he hasn't responded yet.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Tim is in Nicaragua. Back in the office on Monday.
  • Hal72Hal72 Posts: 7
    C.com is really one of the best online retailer. I live in Europe so I can not place order on the site. but Tim is always very quick and helpful:)
  • I am new to the fourm here and also new to cigars. I am so pleased with C.Com, that I don't think I will deal with anybody else. They got some good deals and many of the cigars I can get singles. Since I am new to cigars I like the fact that I can try different cigars.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome colt. I agree, that is one of the many attractive qualities of ccom. I like being able to buy one or two of a particular cigar to sample, sometimes a five pack is too much if you decide you don't like a cigar. And the customer service is second to none if you do have to occasional problem.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Welcome Colt...I'm like you, relatively new. Consider signing up for Cigar of the Month Club, it's a great way to sample lots of new stuff and see what you like without committing too much.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey colts ... welcome to the group. I too enjoy being able to built a sampler here which is an even better deal with some of the more expensive cigars.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome aboard colt