Home General Discussion

Novice in the House!

Hello All!

Over the past couple of days I have been getting into Cigars. I have hit some local shops as well as browse the CC site. I have tried the following based in order from like to dislike.

Ashton

Ashton Cabinet

CAO Eilleen's Dream

Joya de Nicaragua

CAO Gold Honey

Punch Rare Corojo

Based on these any suggestions on some others to try or any for that matter? Also waiting in my Humi are Rocky Patel Summer 2008 C.A.O Maduro!

Thanks!

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Welcome aboard! Maybe a 5 Vegas Gold, Cusano 18 Double Connecticut, or some stuff from Drew Estates.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The stuff duty said. Also, Avo.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    oh yeah... and the entire cigar.com House Blends sampler. Based on what you said so far, the Purple Label and Blue Label should be a good start.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246

An Ashton man, I can relate to your tastes sir.

Based on those top picks, you might consider trying out a Montecristo white or cusano 18 double connecticut, next to the other suggestions the other guys have made.  On a hunch, id say to give a shot at a Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real stick as well.

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Vidarien:
    On a hunch, id say to give a shot at a Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real stick as well.
    I'll second that.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Looks like you're leaning more towards the milder / creamier side of things... I'd suggest Cusano 18 Double Connecticut, 5 Vegas Gold, and... One that I personally think will knock your socks off... The Rocky Patel Edge Lite...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Got a question for you ... did you like the Punch? If it was too strong I'd definetly sit on the RP Summer and the CAO Maduro they lean more towards full and if the Punch was too strong they will be as well.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Got a question for you ... did you like the Punch? If it was too strong I'd definetly sit on the RP Summer and the CAO Maduro they lean more towards full and if the Punch was too strong they will be as well.
    Yeah my impression from his post is that they were ranked from best to worst, indicating that the punch was his most disliked... The entire list is basically stacked mild to full so I'm thinking he much prefers the milder stuff... In that case, your suggestion is a winnder... You certainly won't like the other two... ;)
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Try the Perdomo Lot 23 and Perdomo Champagne Reserve. Both very mild sticks. I loved those almost as much as the Ashton Classic as far as mild cigars go.
  • LeowhoaLeowhoa Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone for the input. Just had the RP Summer wasnt too bad......not for my taste though! I would rank in the bottom of my list but much better than the punch!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The Punch and RP Summer are both very good sticks, I believe you'll need to stay on the milder side of medium or you'll continue to end up with sticks that aren't for your palate.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246

Now my head is stuck thinking about that CAO Maduro..mmmmmmm

Something about a maduro in the summer.  Fuente double chateau maduro, smooth and spicy flavors, a great kick.

(Dont take this as a reccomendation, im just musing to myself) 

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome to the board and I will add as a suggestion, the Pryme by Alec Bradley