Home Non Cigar Related

I'm Moving

nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
Chalk me up on the list of people moving.

I'm not moving out of state or anything cool. Quite the opposite actually...

I'm a 27 year old single father whose moving back in with his parents till about October.

I hate moving. BUT... it's for the greater good. I'll be able to save up a nice chunk of money so I can afford to rent a much nicer place without having to pinch pennies. It's been 9 years since I lived with them... It's going to be mentally straining, but it will be worth it.

I've just got to suck it up for a few months. NO beer, NO cigars, NO "lady action", NO cable, NO internet, and NO Air Conditioning. BUT there will be electricity... I guess that's positive.

End Rant.

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Yikes! No beer and cigars? No women? Why? Can't you escape and have those elsewhere?

Good luck!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    It's not so much that I can't escape to enjoy such luxuries. But partly because I won't be able to partake of these luxuries that are available to me whenever I feel in the comfort of my own domicile. And partly because I can't just leave and go have a cigar, a beer and a lay without feeling I abandoned my son on my mom for my own self gratification.

... I'm not sure if that makes sense.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    nightmaremike31:
    It's not so much that I can't escape to enjoy such luxuries. But partly because I won't be able to partake of these luxuries that are available to me whenever I feel in the comfort of my own domicile. And partly because I can't just leave and go have a cigar, a beer and a lay without feeling I abandoned my son on my mom for my own self gratification.

... I'm not sure if that makes sense.
    Hang in there bro, absence makes the heart grow fonder. In a few months you can knock back some brew, smoke sticks till you throw up and find tailbone again and it will be like the first time again.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Hang in there man, we'll be lighting a few up in honor of your hiatus. Are you going to have to stop dropping by on the forums because of the lack of internet?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm a 32 year old married father of two who's moving back in with his parents.......

Kind a of long story, but when the sale of my condo goes through, I'll be buying my parents house, but there may be some transition time where my mom and dad will be living with us until they can find a place.

I'm pretty excited to be buying the house I grew up in. I've warned my wife extensively about the amount of work this house needs, but she's 100% on board.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate it the encouragement fellas. I'm going to try to make it a point to be on here as often as I can while I'm at work to make up for it. I feel like I should be getting some monk's award, but I'm pretty sure they had beer to help them quench their hunger.