• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I have yet to see it.
    I'll probably watch it over the summer.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    this show sucks worse then obama....mmmm...its a close tie...lol
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    this show sucks worse then obama....mmmm...its a close tie...lol
    eh... well I liked the first season but the rest I sort of would put in the pile of not enjoyed.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I have read it sounds like the ending was really stupid and answered nothing.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    From what I have read it sounds like the ending was really stupid and answered nothing.
    I was definitely disappointed. Wish I could punch the writers...
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:
    Really? I kinda liked it, even with all the religious undertones. Only part I didnt get was why the lil Ben fella didnt want to "move on."
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I gave up on it halfway through the first episode.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    It "lost" me a long time ago.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    It "lost" me a long time ago.
    me too...like a couple of years ago.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I never found it.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    ug dan:
    I never found it.
    +1
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:
    Really? I kinda liked it, even with all the religious undertones. Only part I didnt get was why the lil Ben fella didnt want to "move on."
    How about where everybody else is? Like Michael? It seems they tried to fill that room largely with "couples" to give us a nice happy, cheery ending...
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Ben couldn't move on because he had not forgivin himslef about his daughter. Other than that I feel that they did an ok job in finishing it up. There are still way too many unanswered questions but then that figures that the writers wouldn't give you complete closure.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Ben couldn't move on because he had not forgivin himslef about his daughter. Other than that I feel that they did an ok job in finishing it up. There are still way too many unanswered questions but then that figures that the writers wouldn't give you complete closure.

I never saw it but sounds like they gave it a crazy ending just like with The Sopranos ...damn I really miss that show...still wish they would resurrect it ...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    best show on TV. Period. when I say TV, I mean regular channels, not premium ones, because DAMN, I love Dexter.
    so yeah, I wish they would've answered some of the history of the island in regards to the ancient race that built everything. my mother in law thinks that they were dead from the beginning but I feel they all passed at their own times and met in "this place you all created" to quote Christian Sheppard before they moved on. The big thing for me was when they showed Jin and Sun flashing back and how relevant that was. They new they could move on because it showed their death. Anyway, great show, great episode, wish there was a little history to the mysteries of the island but overall, it's a winner.
    I agree for the most part and Hell Yes I miss Sopranos the most
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Forgot about his daughter...My girl friend got all upset because of the yellow lab that stayed with Doc untill he died. I told her, "did you see the dog in the church? No, therefore he didnt die...so stop crying." Shes a sucker for dogs.
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Forgot about his daughter...My girl friend got all upset because of the yellow lab that stayed with Doc untill he died. I told her, "did you see the dog in the church? No, therefore he didnt die...so stop crying." Shes a sucker for dogs.
    Yeah - but why was the dog not in the church, while by the same logic - Hugo was in the church! So he randomly died? Before the dog? Last time we saw him and Ben - they were pretty damn fine and pretty damn in charge of protecting the island. Plus, I believe the protector of the island lives forever until he gets killed... Anyhow - still not happy about it all...
    dennisking:
    best show on TV. Period. when I say TV, I mean regular channels, not premium ones, because DAMN, I love Dexter.
    so yeah, I wish they would've answered some of the history of the island in regards to the ancient race that built everything. my mother in law thinks that they were dead from the beginning but I feel they all passed at their own times and met in "this place you all created" to quote Christian Sheppard before they moved on. The big thing for me was when they showed Jin and Sun flashing back and how relevant that was. They new they could move on because it showed their death. Anyway, great show, great episode, wish there was a little history to the mysteries of the island but overall, it's a winner.
    And Dennis - DEXTERS is frucking awesome! I can't wait for the new season. I love this show. It made me buy a knife... LOL
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Yeah - but why was the dog not in the church, while by the same logic - Hugo was in the church! So he randomly died? Before the dog? Last time we saw him and Ben - they were pretty damn fine and pretty damn in charge of protecting the island. Plus, I believe the protector of the island lives forever until he gets killed... Anyhow - still not happy about it all...
    Right but doc’s dad said that everyone didn’t necessarily die right when he did, they all lived out their lives. Which is why they all “met” again through out their “sideways” life (purgatory). At least that what I took from it…using that logic, that they were all chillin in purgatory until they reconnected with the people that they spent the most important time of their lives with, all dogs go to heaven…so he was already up in heaven and didn’t have to meet up at the church…lol.
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Maybe another reason that ben didnt go in was that he killed Huego...which would show why Huego is dead...or maybe choloesterol caught up to him.
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Right but doc’s dad said that everyone didn’t necessarily die right when he did, they all lived out their lives. Which is why they all “met” again through out their “sideways” life (purgatory). At least that what I took from it…using that logic, that they were all chillin in purgatory until they reconnected with the people that they spent the most important time of their lives with, all dogs go to heaven…so he was already up in heaven and didn’t have to meet up at the church…lol.
    Exactly! They lived their lives completely and then found each other. That's why Hurley says to Ben that he was a really good #2. That implies that they had dealings on the island.
    and yes, Renny, Dexter is the shizzle
    dennisking:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Exactly! They lived their lives completely and then found each other. That's why Hurley says to Ben that he was a really good #2. That implies that they had dealings on the island.
    Yup...thats how I see it. Anyone else hear they are making a movie? or am I just Lost?
    txjayhawk:
    dennisking:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

Yup...thats how I see it. Anyone else hear they are making a movie? or am I just Lost?
    I like your line of thought boys! Makes me appreciate it more. I think I will actually watch the finale again tonight without all the ads and just get some closure :)... But you are right - I liked the moment when Hugo said "you were a great number 2"... This would explain why the had whole LIVES in purgatory! It was a while until they all go there. In any case - there ARE still some holes in the story, but I start to appreciate the end more. Thinking about it - I am not sure how otherwise it should have ended...
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    dennisking:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    txjayhawk:
    The Cank:
    txjayhawk:
    Renaissance_Man:
    jsnake:

I like your line of thought boys! Makes me appreciate it more. I think I will actually watch the finale again tonight without all the ads and just get some closure :)... But you are right - I liked the moment when Hugo said "you were a great number 2"... This would explain why the had whole LIVES in purgatory! It was a while until they all go there. In any case - there ARE still some holes in the story, but I start to appreciate the end more. Thinking about it - I am not sure how otherwise it should have ended...

Yes I I still believe that Ben had somethings to sort out before he could move on. And that yes Kate, Sayer,Miles,Lapetis,Richard, and Clair actually did make it off the island in the plane and lived out their own lives...( I think ) But Lapetis,Miles,and Richard were not in the church either so what about them? Richard was made mortal when Jacob was killed so by all means he should have been able to pass on as well.
    didn't hear about a movie but that is what I figured when they left it so open
    How about you guys watch this - http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ah, the real Lost was gilligan's island! I loved that show.
    only Ginger and MaryAnn.