Home General Discussion

Java by Drew Estate

I am not normally a big fan of flavored cigars, but yesterday I tried the Java by Drew Estate, and I was very impressed.  It had a nice coffee with hints of chocolate taste even before I lit it up.  One thing I definitely liked was that the tip wasn't overly sweet.  I tried the Kuba Kuba, and the sweetness overpowered my palate.

I think the Java would be the perfect breakfast cigar.  Any one else try one of these lately?

Joe

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds like something I may want to try in the future. I'm not sure how I feel about flavored cigars just yet, but I figure taste is subjective so to each his own, and if I find something flavored that I like then that would be fine by me.
  • RailedRailed Posts: 30
    To each there own. but let me put it the way a fellow botl described that cigar

" ... that is the second worse thing i have ever put in my mouth"

Anyways i might still have a bunch of them, wafer size.  My lady though they tasted good, so i bought half a box, she only smoke maybe 5.  If i still have them around i would be more than happy to ship them out to you.

Please get ehm out of my humi.

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Railed:
    To each there own. but let me put it the way a fellow botl described that cigar

" ... that is the second worse thing i have ever put in my mouth"
    If that was the second worst, I don't even want to ask what the first was.
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

While we are on the topic of worst cigars what is your top two worst everyone?

-Matt

• ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Railed:
    "that is the second worse thing i have ever put in my mouth"

I would have to think that the worst must have been a Mac or a Fonseca
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    danli reserve, ltd ed. sungrown it sounded promising but was far from. The 2nd worst, I'm not quite sure yet. I would have to say right now its between a camacho corojo coyolar and a macanudo hyde park. Neither was actually bad, just not as good as a gurkha or cao
  • My cousin and I are Java converts...we enjoy them.
  • HardspotHardspot Posts: 24
    I too think that the Javas are wonderful, a great desert cigar.
  • HeaneyHeaney Posts: 13
    I had one last night and have to say I enjoyed it. My only complaint though is I did have to relight it twice. I have to agree with Hardspot, its a good desert cigar and will definately purchase a few to have on hand.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I have never tried a "flavored" cigar, hmmm, maybe I should put this on the to-try list.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I tried a danli reserve right when they came out, before actually. cigar.com was giving them out to a few people asking for customer reviews. the first one didnt burn so well and was terrible, they sent another one and it was also very bad. these are just my personal opinions, if you love them, great!
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    if you get any flavored cigars make sure you store them separately from your regular sticks, the scent will bleed over.