Home General Discussion

Real or Fake?

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Just curious...

imagePhotobucket">

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Both I love em all!

Oh If you're talking about cigars then real...

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Both I love em all!

LMAO!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    stephen_hannibal:
    Both I love em all!

+1.... But I do love me some fake !
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    My wife got me a pair of fake just last week. Now if I could just get her to buy me cigars....
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Haha, +1 for Tat.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    even after i went to the link (got to it by hitting the quote button) it requires a password to what looks like a forum.
    hmm..thats strange. so you cant see the picture then
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Just curious...

what are we talking about... This is a cigar forum you know...
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I can't see the picture either!
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    From what I can tell it looks like a pretty good fake. The white squares are correct and the change from La Habana, Cuba to just Habana, Cuba, but it might just be the pic but the lettering of Cohiba looks off. There is supposed to be a outline around the letters that I cant see. But like I said that might be the pic. If that outline is really there then I would have to say based on what I can see of the band it looks real but if I am correct that there is no outline then fake.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    sightunseen:
    Haha, +1 for Tat.
    **** for Tat? Did you hear about the court case where they said the stripper couldn't deduct the cost of her implants as a business expense? Judge says it was because they could be used for business OR pleasure.
    Dustin1981:
    From what I can tell it looks like a pretty good fake. The white squares are correct and the change from La Habana, Cuba to just Habana, Cuba, but it might just be the pic but the lettering of Cohiba looks off. There is supposed to be a outline around the letters that I cant see. But like I said that might be the pic. If that outline is really there then I would have to say based on what I can see of the band it looks real but if I am correct that there is no outline then fake.
    Ok today, I really looked at all the details and compared them to cigar aficionado and other sites.....ITS A FAKE!!! I feel bad now for my brother who purchased them from a place in New Orleans over a year ago and paid $450 for the box! I'm gonna tell my brother when I see him later tonight at the bar! He's gonna be pissed cause he bought them for his father in law and his business buddies. SUX!

Thanks for the info fellas
    I changed the image in the first post. Let me know if it works now. But yea they fake as ***!
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    zeebra:
    I changed the image in the first post. Let me know if it works now. But yea they fake as ***!
    The first pictures shows up for me now. Tat's doesn't though.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just curious, but what gives them away as fake? They have 3 white boxes, the script for Havana looks right, and the reflective gold "Cohiba" logo looks about right. What am I missing?
    xmacro:
    Just curious, but what gives them away as fake? They have 3 white boxes, the script for Havana looks right, and the reflective gold "Cohiba" logo looks about right. What am I missing?
    The word COHIBA is not raised at all. And I went to this site, where a band from New Orleans was sent in from..http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Counterfeits/Counterfeit_Page/0,3391,97,00.html

The band looks printed on cheap paper imo.
  • JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Uh oh. My parents just brought be back a few Cuban Cohibas from the Bahamas but they took the bands off in case they were searched in customs. They bought them from a market down there. Are they most likely fake? Does anyone have any experience buying Cubans in the Bahamas?
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Jumper:
    Uh oh. My parents just brought be back a few Cuban Cohibas from the Bahamas but they took the bands off in case they were searched in customs. They bought them from a market down there. Are they most likely fake? Does anyone have any experience buying Cubans in the Bahamas?
    From what I understand, it's a really really big business in the Bahamas selling fake cubans... Without the bands you'll never really know if they are genuine or not :-/

But I tell you what, send them to me and I'll do my best to figure out if they are authentic or not >:-D
    HA! Thanks Gadwin
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    From what I understand, the only place you can buy authentic cubans and know they're real is to buy from a cuban gov't owned store since castro nationalized every industry when he took over - from what I read on the cigar afic. forums, the stores are called La Havana (or something like that)
    I'm probably done with Cubans for awhile, then. Something about just handing my money straight to the Cuban gov't makes me sick.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jumper:
    I'm probably done with Cubans for awhile, then. Something about just handing my money straight to the Cuban gov't makes me sick.
    eh, they aren't that great.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Jumper:
    eh, they aren't that great.
    agreed. nothing special

then the added bonus is supporting an oppressive violent government.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Never be duped again

ISOM #1

ISOM #2

Both offer guranteed shipping ANYWHERE in the world, I can vouch for both...

Diamondog:
    Never be duped again

ISOM #1

ISOM #2 Link is down right now

Both offer guranteed shipping ANYWHERE in the world, I can vouch for both...

thanks for that site! will have to place an order in the future.