Home General Discussion

my find

im new to the forum have a few posts but i just got a interesting deal, i was looking over the craigslist ad's here and found some cigars, these happen to be the opus x forbidden x box set with a cd but no cd with it and a cutter, went out to check them out they where in mint in tubes and box again no cd, along with a thompson cutter,she wanted $50 for the lot but when she found out i drove about 2 hours to get to her she lowered the price to $30 could not pass up the deal then, now i dont even want to smoke them put them in the humidor figure i would keep them for a while and see when if ever i decide to smoke them,not sure if i will like them or not, more nervous about them. quick question guys since these are tubes should i keep them in tubes or take them out while in the humidor? thanks

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    IMO, I would take them out of the tubes, I can't stand my cigars being in metal tubes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The tubes will slow down the aging process drastically, but they'll still age, so it really doesn't matter

Personally, I like to open up the tubes for a month or two when I first get new smokes, let them rest at my preferred humidity so they reacclimate faster, then seal them back up to protect them from swings in my humidor - this is my weird way of striking a balance between my preference of seeing my cigars naked vs keeping the tubes. If your humidor doesn't change humidity much, then I'd open them up, but keep the tubes, since they're just too cool to throw out
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    im new to the forum have a few posts but i just got a interesting deal, i was looking over the craigslist ad's here and found some cigars, these happen to be the opus x forbidden x box set with a cd but no cd with it and a cutter, went out to check them out they where in mint in tubes and box again no cd, along with a thompson cutter,she wanted $50 for the lot but when she found out i drove about 2 hours to get to her she lowered the price to $30 could not pass up the deal then, now i dont even want to smoke them put them in the humidor figure i would keep them for a while and see when if ever i decide to smoke them,not sure if i will like them or not, more nervous about them. quick question guys since these are tubes should i keep them in tubes or take them out while in the humidor? thanks
    I think I hate you. Nice find!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Wow, that sounds like an incredible find. You should post up some pics.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I hate him also!! Opus X forbidden x box set for $30. UNREAL. I like the idea of taking them out of the tube and letting them adjust to your humidor and then placing them back into the tubes. Hopefully they were properly humidified when you bought them. Welcome to the forum.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    thanks guys ill post some pics tonite when get home, i think they must of belong to someone else since the home i went to was being "cleaned out" sort of like when some one dies and they are doing a estate thing, we did not get into why or who they belong to, it was 2 glass tubed lancero 7.75" x 36 ill leave them in the humi out of the tubes and just keep the cedar wrapping they have one thanks again guys
    here are the pics not the best
    image image image
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Please tell me you drove 2 hours south or east. If it was west or north - I'll be missing some sleep. Nice find bro!
    if know in the area it was lake in the hills, thats north west for me
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    And now if she find out how much she could have gotten for them she'll be kicking herself in the ***.