Home General Discussion

MoW Daily Deal???

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Did anyone else get the MoW Ruination Daily Deal??? I got mine in the mail today and they sure look like regular Man O' War's and not the Ruinations. It has the regular MoW band on it and an additional foot band with a MW on it. Everything about this cigar tells me it's a regular MoW. Anyone else notice this???

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    clearlysuspect:
    Did anyone else get the MoW Ruination Daily Deal??? I got mine in the mail today and they sure look like regular Man O' War's and not the Ruinations. It has the regular MoW band on it and an additional foot band with a MW on it. Everything about this cigar tells me it's a regular MoW. Anyone else notice this???
    The band on the foot is what differentiated MOW/MOW R, those are the older banded MOW R's. I just got a box of these exactly the same.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    OK good. I guess I wouldn't have been too pissed if they were the originals because the MoW Torpedo is one of my favorite cigars. I've been looking forward to the Ruination for a long time. Can't wait to rip into these! They look awesome!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    That was the belicoso deal, right? Is the helmet on the band gold or silver? If silver, it's a Ruination. Also, is it standard torpedo size, or is it shorter and a bit fatter? If it's shorter and fatter, it's a Ruination.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    That was the belicoso deal, right? Is the helmet on the band gold or silver? If silver, it's a Ruination. Also, is it standard torpedo size, or is it shorter and a bit fatter? If it's shorter and fatter, it's a Ruination.
    The old ruinations had a gold helmet just like the regular MoW except the ruinations have the additional foot band.
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    The old ruinations had a gold helmet just like the regular MoW except the ruinations have the additional foot band.
    Right, but like you said it had the foot band too, when they switched to a single band the helmet was changed to silver. And as far as I know, the only ruination to only have a single band with a gold helmet was the original release of the robusto #2.
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    Helmet is gold but it does seem a bit shorter and fatter. The cigar really looks phenominal! I can't wait to dig into these. Doing a big cook out and having people over on Saturday for the Rampage vs Evans fight. I'm sure I'll go through at least one while grilling! I can't wait!
    j0z3r:
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    Right, but like you said it had the foot band too, when they switched to a single band the helmet was changed to silver. And as far as I know, the only ruination to only have a single band with a gold helmet was the original release of the robusto #2.
    I'm sorry master. Please forgive me. I shall never question you again.
    clearlysuspect:
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    Helmet is gold but it does seem a bit shorter and fatter. The cigar really looks phenominal! I can't wait to dig into these. Doing a big cook out and having people over on Saturday for the Rampage vs Evans fight. I'm sure I'll go through at least one while grilling! I can't wait!
    Huh, well you got me. Maybe you did get a regular MoW.

That fight has been too long coming, can't wait to see who can back up the talk...I don't even know which guy I want to win at this point. Tell ya this much though, I hope Miller crushes Bisping, I'm so sick of that guy and his mouth.
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    I'm sorry master. Please forgive me. I shall never question you again.
    Smart ass. Big Smile [:D]
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    j0z3r:
    In the Original post he said they had footbands. Unless the regular MOW's came with footbands at one point, they are Ruinations. Can't go wrong either way :^)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I got mine yesterday, they are indeed R's. Exactly like the one I pulled from the humi the day before. Upside is if they are older stock they have already been resting a bit longer!
    Duder2:
    j0z3r:
    In the Original post he said they had footbands. Unless the regular MOW's came with footbands at one point, they are Ruinations. Can't go wrong either way :^)
    Oh, I guess I missed that somehow...I ought to pay more attention.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Duder2:
    j0z3r:
    ...now who's the "smart"a-s-s.... =p
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Yummy I think I'm going for my MOW badge today after lunch.
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    Duder2:
    j0z3r:
    ...now who's the "smart"a-s-s.... =p
    Not me, I'm the dumb ass for not even reading a whole post and then waxing moronic on MoW bands.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    DO IT! You need to smoke all four though... hehe.
    j0z3r:
    Duder2:
    j0z3r:
    Hold on. Wait a second! Who was right??
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    Duder2:
    j0z3r:
    Hold on. Wait a second! Who was right??
    I don't even know anymore...
    Well, I couldn't wait for the weekend cookout to get here so I took a break from preparing all the food for tomorrow and sat down and smoked one of these bad boys! Wow, was I amazed! I don't know why I buy anything other than MoW. It is by far my favorite line of cigars.

And yes, Joe, I too hope Bisbing gets knocked-the-hell-out! I thought he deserved every bit of what Dan Henderson did to him. Even more so, I hope Rampage gets knocked-the-hell-out! I lost all respect for him during the Ultimate Fighter. The guy obviously cares for no one but himself. I really hope Rashad shuts him up once and for all. I imagine he will. Afterall, Rashad has been training tirelessly for this fight while Rampage has been trying to offer a rather horrible rendition of B.A. Barrackus.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    clearlysuspect:
    Well, I couldn't wait for the weekend cookout to get here so I took a break from preparing all the food for tomorrow and sat down and smoked one of these bad boys! Wow, was I amazed! I don't know why I buy anything other than MoW. It is by far my favorite line of cigars.

And yes, Joe, I too hope Bisbing gets knocked-the-hell-out! I thought he deserved every bit of what Dan Henderson did to him. Even more so, I hope Rampage gets knocked-the-hell-out! I lost all respect for him during the Ultimate Fighter. The guy obviously cares for no one but himself. I really hope Rashad shuts him up once and for all. I imagine he will. Afterall, Rashad has been training tirelessly for this fight while Rampage has been trying to offer a rather horrible rendition of B.A. Barrackus.

Are the bisbing & Rashad fight on the same card?