Home General Discussion

urgent

DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
i hear people are starting to talk forgive me for not being on lately im very busy i have alot of work anyways i gave my secretary those three packages and also about 4 more packages for clients yesterday i got a call from a couple of clients telling me they havent recieved any thing and i notice you guys havent either i ask you three to give it one more day if nothing happens im rebuying joz3r and lakers off cigar.com and me and maduro will figure something out if my secretary has indeed stolen from me i will press charges fire her and give maduro her last paycheck once again im very sorry for this inconvenience and my absenteeism

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I for one am glad that you were able to come on and give your side to things, the situation is what it is, and hopefully everything will work out one way or another.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    like i said im very sorry for being absent im building ym business and when your doing such a thing you cant take brakes atleast intill after the 2nd year
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hey, Dias, I've probably been your lead basher here, so I feel like I should speak up. I'm glad to see you back on the board, and the timing of everything looks like it may just be a terrible coincidence. I hope this all works out, and is at least consistent with what you've told everybody over PM. If that's the case, welcome back and I hope things get a little less crazy for you in the short term.

As a recommendation for the future, though, I might suggest taking a lesson from Smoke=Fire, who participates only sporadically in the games based on the likelihood that he may find himself out of pocket for extended periods of time.

You've struck us all as a stand-up gentleman and a great guy to have on the forum. I was shocked to see the pass stall on your account, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way. Thanks for doing the right thing and stepping up to keep us all informed. It shows our initial perception of you is more accurate than the picture we'd painted for ourselves in your absence.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I got a PM from Dias as well. Glad to hear from him again. Whatever the circumstances as long as things work themselves out we're all good.

Now ON with the GAMES!! Does this mean Shirley is back in?
    Yeah... as far as I'm concerned once this is all sorted out, it's no harm no foul.

I trust Shirley, and I don't think it's an issue to let him in the pass, but I do think that establishing yourself as a trader in a lower-risk trade or game isn't such a bad idea.
    laker1963:
    Now ON with the GAMES!! Does this mean Shirley is back in?
    I've got a trade in the works with him so that he can be added to the good traders list. With that, there should be no good reason to exclude him...well, except for maybe that creepy avatar of his, I just don't know about that thing.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    That avatar IS creepy. I think it's Belushi from his samurai skit on SNL.
    Luko:

Hey that's my smoking buddy Cubber Cat", one VERY KEWL laid back dude!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Luko:

I thought we were talking about Sirius' avatar?
    Yeah... creepy is the word that comes to mind every time i see it. I try to keep an open mind about the hobbies of other people, but this has tested me in that regard.
    Luko:
    laker1963:
    Luko:

I thought we were talking about Sirius' avatar?
    OH well maybe you were. I'm Canadian remember? OK back to sleep for me.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Luko:
    LMAO... Actually it IS really me... Shaving with a Katana... Stick out tongue [:P]

Told you I shave like a REAL man... ;)
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    And yeah, that's great... Hopefully my trade with Joe will be complete before I ever come up on the list anyway... I'm getting his package out tommorow or saturday... He's on the opposite coast, but priority mail is still pretty quick.. ;)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Glad to hear from you, Dias. I hope all the packages turn up.

As the guy who spoke up for you when you said you wanted to join the pass, though, I have to say I think you showed poor judgment jumping into the games when you didn't have time to really hold up your end of the bargain. I'm not going to feel guilty or apologize for thinking ill of you; you behaved ill. And, while I hear what you're [finally] saying and want to believe you, real follow-through remains to be seen.

So, for those reasons and for purposes of precedent for future game participants, I propose that, even if the packages come through, Dias should be sent to the penalty box for some period -- that is, banned from the games for, say, a month or six weeks or something along those lines.

What do you think, guys?
    thats fine my business partner has went over footage from within the office has seen my secretary stealing things within the office im pressing charges ill try and get the cigars back if the boxes she took are gone we will figure something else out sorry urbino for making you look bad but i know its not my fault i know what is happening so i dont expect any of you to believe me but my actions will prove other wise give me a 2 month ban on the games and after that we will go from there
    urbino:
    Glad to hear from you, Dias. I hope all the packages turn up.

As the guy who spoke up for you when you said you wanted to join the pass, though, I have to say I think you showed poor judgment jumping into the games when you didn't have time to really hold up your end of the bargain. I'm not going to feel guilty or apologize for thinking ill of you; you behaved ill. And, while I hear what you're [finally] saying and want to believe you, real follow-through remains to be seen.

So, for those reasons and for purposes of precedent for future game participants, I propose that, even if the packages come through, Dias should be sent to the penalty box for some period -- that is, banned from the games for, say, a month or six weeks or something along those lines.

What do you think, guys?
    I don't think that sounds unreasonable at all. A consequence for every action, whether by intention or not, is the way of the world. I personally will hold no ill will towards Dias when things are all squared away, but until then, well, we'll just see what happens I guess.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    like i said im very sorry for being absent im building ym business and when your doing such a thing you cant take brakes atleast intill after the 2nd year
    I'm a full time student, work 2 jobs, and am preparing for a hurricane evacuation (the mayor hasn't issued the order yet, but school has already ordered an evac of all students and faculty, and one of my jobs is at New Orleans City Hall so things are all crazy there) and I still made time to go mail a PIF package tonight. Its understandable that things come up, I mean the package I sent should have been mailed 2 days ago, but I made sure it was done and I maintained communication with the recipient. When you willingly take on an obligation there is no excuse for not following through on it.

Anyway, I'm glad you are here to defend yourself and are stepping up to make things right. I just have a feeing that this whole experience has cast a chill on our easygoing and accepting environment. It's not often you find a place with people this trusting. Hopefully this is all resolved amicably in the next few days (except for with the secretary, if she is the culprit there is no need to be amicable in your dealings with her).
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    OK the fact that he is still here says something to me. If he just wanted to steal our stuff and bail why would he still be posting? JMO. Look at my previous job I had my secretary drop off personal packages before so I can't knock his doing that. I say we all just step back and give him until the end of the week to resolve this. As far as his statement about working things out with me he has PMed me and offered a resolution. If this really was not his fault I don't want him to fork over tons of money in an attempt to make up for what happened but we'll work something out.
    Hey, maddy, that's very understanding of you. I totally agree that if this were a rip-off attempt, he wouldn't be back on the boards. I don't believe, based on what we've seen, that it was his intent to not hold up his end of the bargain. You guys (maddy, jozer, laker) are the ones with the PMs so you know better than any of us how well the story synchs up wth what you had been told initially. Anyway, I'll step aside from all this and let it play out. It sounds like Dias is working to make things right and once that's done it's all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.
    dutyje:
    It sounds like Dias is working to make things right and once that's done it's all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.
    Agreed
    laker is taken care of now if i can just get jozer to agree with me then all ill have left is maduro which i bought him a porche
    Hey that's not fair. All I got was this Sh!tty VW Rabbit !!!
    lol i drive a golf =P
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Just wanted to throw my $.02 in.

I have been on both ends of this type of thing and just want to say that stuff does happen. I have been stiffed twice by people on these boards that no longer participate here. One went back to EOTAC I think and the other participated for a month or two and then hasn't been heard from since. I was hesitant to say bad things about them because I do know that sometimes things happen beyond people's control. In the end, I ended up getting the short end of the stick for giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they had come back and were still participating, then I would have definitely posted something to warn others. On the other hand, I have also delayed a couple of packages recently as a matter of fact because stuff happened. I was going to mail the packages off before I moved from Colorado but when the movers packed my stuff, they were there from 8 in the morning to 8 or 9 at night so I couldn't get to the post office. Then shortly after I got to TX, my computer got damaged so I didn't have addresses to send the packages out. I have since mailed the packages and hopefully the recipients understand and forgive the delay. I also tried to make sure that I kept them informed of what was happening to ease their minds a little and I felt bad so I included something additional as well to try and make it right.

I guess in the end, what I am saying is that if something happens, as long as it is made right in the end, no harm no foul. Until it is made right though everyone is justified in holding that person suspect.
    jozer is taken care of im just waiting for maduro to say something to me.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Just wanted to throw my $.02 in.

I have been on both ends of this type of thing and just want to say that stuff does happen. I have been stiffed twice by people on these boards that no longer participate here. One went back to EOTAC I think and the other participated for a month or two and then hasn't been heard from since. I was hesitant to say bad things about them because I do know that sometimes things happen beyond people's control. In the end, I ended up getting the short end of the stick for giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they had come back and were still participating, then I would have definitely posted something to warn others. On the other hand, I have also delayed a couple of packages recently as a matter of fact because stuff happened. I was going to mail the packages off before I moved from Colorado but when the movers packed my stuff, they were there from 8 in the morning to 8 or 9 at night so I couldn't get to the post office. Then shortly after I got to TX, my computer got damaged so I didn't have addresses to send the packages out. I have since mailed the packages and hopefully the recipients understand and forgive the delay. I also tried to make sure that I kept them informed of what was happening to ease their minds a little and I felt bad so I included something additional as well to try and make it right.

I guess in the end, what I am saying is that if something happens, as long as it is made right in the end, no harm no foul. Until it is made right though everyone is justified in holding that person suspect.
    Well Ron, You are right... everything you've done has well made up for it! I have not bad-mouthed you for these boards create a level of trust.

The way I look at it is try explaining your frustration to your girlfriend
    "I was online and was told I was gonna get sent cigars I didn't pay for, from someone I've never met, for winning a little contest and I didn't get them..." (and then just wait for her to start laughing.

IF you get super pissed about losing out on a few cigars then you know what... your a douche...

What I mean to say though is this...

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... EVEN IF you win, you're still retarded"
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    My point exactly. In this case, I think the only one that lost out was Maddy because he had the initial investment of sticks that started the pass. It has been made right with the others, as long as it is right with Maddy, then I have no probs with Dias at all.
    yeah im just waiting on maddy it seems he hasent been on the past couple of days so im waiting to see what he would like me to do.
    DiasFlak:
    yeah im just waiting on maddy it seems he hasent been on the past couple of days so im waiting to see what he would like me to do.
    Hey Dias.. jump back into some other threads... looks like this is gonna blow over quicker than a New Orleans hurricane ;) Did you get your new humi yet?
    Dias and I are straight. Stand up guy in my book.