Home General Discussion

My mouth hurts

Well, after extensive trial and error with daily regimens, It has come down to this... cigars make the top of my mouth hurt! I don't like drawing in on my tongue, dries it out, so up into my palette it goes and there is no relief to my issues.

Now it's not like I smoke 5 cigars a day (fla-gypsy);), but I have maybe 3-5 a week.... More clarity, it feels numb after a smoke... Cause for alarm? Anybody else with this?

Feel like a idiot posting this, but remembering awhile back ago some guy was talking about burping up bits of tobacco...well, I guess this is not as gross, dumb as maybe, but not as gross.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    My throat hurts sometimes so I stop smoking for awhile.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My mouth waters when I get a cigar in it. LOL
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    The only thing that I can think of is that maybe you are smoking your cigars just a bit too fast, which will heat them up. Even a few degrees hotter can make a difference, like the 'dry tongue' feeling.
    Try slowing down on the puffing a little, or taking a shorter draw and see if that helps.

Question, out of curiosity....What kind (Maduro, Conni, ring gage, length) of cigar are you smoking? Larger ring gages sometimes smoke cooler that lanceros, so trying different ring gages or wrappers may make a bit of a difference.

• gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    fla-gypsy:
    LMAO!!! Holy hell gypsy - ME TOO!!! I drool like a baby when I hold a cigar in my mouth for more than a few seconds!

• 24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    Pretty much any cigar does this. I will try a little longer between puffs, but generally I smoke slow and have a tendency to allow a cigar to go out once in awhile.

All ring gauges, makes and models. Single puffs, one two three puffs, one puff purge puff again puffs.. I'm confusing myself. Today it was a T52, a couple days ago it was a La Riqueza (smaller ring gauge) and they all seem to do the same thing. Puzzling.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Same happens to me honestly especially when I go to light it.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    24footjet:
    Pretty much any cigar does this. I will try a little longer between puffs, but generally I smoke slow and have a tendency to allow a cigar to go out once in awhile.

All ring gauges, makes and models. Single puffs, one two three puffs, one puff purge puff again puffs.. I'm confusing myself. Today it was a T52, a couple days ago it was a La Riqueza (smaller ring gauge) and they all seem to do the same thing. Puzzling.
    Has this always happened or is it something realitively new?
    Well, it's relatively new. I've had more cigars recently than I have had in a long time. There are no particular spots or points of interest that hurt, it's just the entire roof of my mouth. If you put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and suck hard, (easy fellas), that is what it feels like for at least a day or so. I guess it doesn't really hurt, it just doesn't feel normal? I don't know.

Maybe I'm just trying to make something out of nothing... then again maybe the roof of my mouth will fall off.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    gdsim1:
    fla-gypsy:
    LMAO!!! Holy hell gypsy - ME TOO!!! I drool like a baby when I hold a cigar in my mouth for more than a few seconds!

^BINGO!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    gdsim1:
    fla-gypsy:

+1
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    "My mouth hurts." That's what she said.

Now that's out of the way, are you eating or drinking anything before or during your cigar? I know that if I eat spicy foods, by palate feels "raw" afterwards.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I get that once in a while. Usually if a cigar burns too hot or I am smoking way to much. I'm actually taking today off and maybe a few more days. My mouth needs time to relax. It just doesn't feel right.
    I think that may be the case. I don't really enjoy more than one a day... if I have 2, the second one seems wasted because I don't think I enjoy it right... don't taste what's meant to be there. Raw is a good way to describe it.

As far as eating stuff, I thought it was my fruit spins (walmart brand and WAY better than fruit loops) IMHO... after I have a cigar I love a bowl of cereal to get ready for bed. I stopped smoking for a couple days and they feeling went away even with eating my spins, so that's not it. I will start doing more research into my eating habits. But I'm pretty confident it's the cigars. Like a smokey novacaine.

Now Mexican food destroys a cigar for me. If I eat Mexican food, I won't smoke for a couple days. But this is more of a taste thing than a numb thing.