Home General Discussion

Gurkha Titan doesn't exist?

rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
I bet that caught your attention didn't it? But seriously, I just noticed something... The Titan's I've got from cigar.com rather in the sampler, the first COTM shipment and even ordered individually through the custom sampler have all been 6.2 x 56... If you go to Gurkha's website though, they say the Titan is supposed to be 6.25 x 50... ???

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I noticed that too but didn't think much of it. Also, have you noticed that a lot of the labels say Legend for ones that are not labeled as Legends like the Titans, Beasts, etc...
  • hmmm that is very curiious... i wonder what that means?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    OMG!

That IS interesting... I wonder what the explanation is?
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I know some manufacturers do special sizes for some of their larger retailers. I noticed this on another unnamed site when I used to check them out too and that was the explanation. As far as the bands, I think Gurkha uses the same band for many of their blends and then just adds a second band or makes a very small change in the writing on the original. An example is the legend and the regent are the same except one says legend and one says regent almost unnoticeably (and the regent has a green stripe if I remember right). But its similar with some of their other blends.
  • I noticed the label thing today too.

Edit: Some googling showed that the label thing is normal.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    ya i noticed that about the A series that i got recently it didnt say ghurka and it threw me off . ive also had tht with about 4 other cigars that i bough and i put a thread up seeing if anybody could identifu them but no luck so far