Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Club

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Well I attended my first get together from a local cigar club and it was a great event! We met in a nice place with classy little cigar lounge and smoked and had a few drinks. It was great. Tried a R & J Habana Reserve and it was a great smoke. Almost had a rich creamy taste to it with some hints of nut. Great smoke and fun people. Anyone have any ideas of things the club can do for fun to make things more interesting I'd really appreciate the help.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cigar club for men.
    i want one.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    You're not just the president, you're a customer.

I suggest naked women, Puro.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    At my retail store I've converted 8 people to smoke cigars!

We get together once a week and smoke the same cigar and review it together.... Unfortunately, I work retail and these nights will start to become few and far inbetween since the holiday's are approaching!
  • Options
    It is nice to sit down with fellow smokers to BS about whatever comes up. Thankfully out here the chaplain started the Holy Smokes. Haven't been in a few weeks since I was R&R but I have really missed it. Comraderie and fellowship, the only thing we are missing are beverages.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    That's how I started smoking cigars again when I was in Iraq. We would do a weekly "campfire" and sit around it BS'ing then one night my CO offered me a stick. It was all over from there. The once a week turned into 2 or 3 times a week and then was nearly nightly by the time I left. You're right though, the beverages would have been great because near beer just doesn't cut it. Although a nice cold pepsi goes well with some cigars.
  • Options
    I started when I was here in '06 with the fake cubans.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I was there in '06 too and tried a couple of the fake Cubans but they didn't do anything for me. I think it was more of the company and conversation that made me get into it this time and then a couple of really good cigars that got me hooked.
  • Options
    I didn't like them much either but I did have 1 good one, a montecristo. When I went home on R&R I snagged a RP'92 and that was the one that got me hooked. But it is the company that is the motive in the beggining.