Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Help Out? Closing down my humidor...

So some of you already know about this, but for those who don't some explanation is due. A few days back I got a call from my mom who was being weird on the phone. I asked if all was good and she said it was all dandy so we ended the call. Few minutes after she calls me back and tells me the truth. It turns out she's been out of money for a whiiillleee... She burnt through her savings and couldn't afford to buy herself food for the last week cause she has big loans to make payments to. Turns out she did not get paid for TWO months because the company she works for had some accounting problems and they blamed it on her so they made her pay for some fees... Its ridiculous, but it happens in my country... The worst part is that she is also taking care of my dying grandma who has serious Alzheimer's and my grandpa who has some sort of a mental disorder. Blah. Me being far away from them and not being able to see them is already killing me and the fact she didn't tell me she needed help until just now is frustrating me a lot. The bottom line is that I need to help her a lot financially and send her some money. The problem for me is that I recently bought a car and had planned all my expenses well to the point that I had about $200 extra per month left for leisure. However, I'd need more than that now to help he make her loan payments. So... I decided to sell out as many luxury items as I have and try to make some money. I am already selling some other things not relevant to this forum and some Magic cards hahah... BUT - I also want to sell as much from my cigar collection as I can. It is not big in the first place, but every time I look at those cigars I feel horrible thinking of all the money I spent on them rather than send back home. Nevermind my motivation below is a list of the cigars I'm looking to sell right now. its not a trade, but a straight up sale. I know its not the general thing here, but people have done it in the past and I think this situation might make it a small exception. I have not priced my cigars before so I don't know if the prices listed are fair, but I pretty much tried to list the cigars for at least half of what they sell for online and much less than in stores. Now, I'd love if somebody doesn't buy just one or two cigars, but a few more to make the shipping worthwhile. As for shipping - I'll say its about $4 to you and the rest to me and if you get more I'll cover the shipping fully. I'll also be sending some surprise sticks along as well, but yeah - I wanna clear as much as I can from this. I have more cigars, but its so hard for me to make up my mind to sell them :/... so at this point I'll probably not list more, but if I have to I'll sell all my faves and be done with it. Anyway... For more questions or interested parties - please PM me... I'd appreciate any help. Even advice really! Some members here have already given me more than a good advice. And PLEASE don't cigar-bomb me - this won't make me feel better, but rather worse since instead of money I'll be just getting more cigars and feeling shittier about my family... In any case - I hope you understand all this mumbo-jumbo...

All sold... wow... when I told my GF that everybody here stepped up to help like this it was a - "HA!" moment... Like - "I told you this forum is a nice freaking place so stfu now! Cheers!"

I might also be willing to say bye to some more RP Decades if there is demand for that... :/... Anyway, I hope some of you are interested to help out by getting some 'gars... Even if you aren't its ok. But it just pains me every time I look at my humi and think of the money I feel like I should have not spend on cigars but rather saved...

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    And I'm sorry about all this - I am not usually the type of person to share his personal troubles like this, but at this point I just don't care about making a fool of myself... I'm a tough guy and know all will be fine, but yeah... Anyway - cheers!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Are the oliva V's the Maduuro?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    You have a PM. Hope your mom does better. You guys will be in my prayers.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow man. I wish I was in a position to help. I would be worried sick. Definitely have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    wwhwang:
    Thanks, bro! You got a PM back! (and some other PMs went out)... I'll update the list with the ones wwhwang wanted removed... Also - thanks a lot for everybody that will keep my family in their prayers and everybody that will respond next to this thread. I feel silly talking about my situation on the forums cause I don't generally share much, but you guys have always been amazingly supportive and its always nice to hear a few words of encouragement...
    Fourtotheflush:
    I am not sure... How can I tell?
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Sent you an email Sir.
    Hayblet:
    Sent you an email Sir.
    Got it and just replied!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    You got another PM.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I am not sure... How can I tell?
    To start...is it a torpedo? If not, then no, it's not a maduro. If it is, look on the band, the maduro will say "maduro especial" whereas the regular will say "liga especial". Finally there are dimension differences, the 2008 V maduro came in a 6.5x52 shape, the 2009 came in a 6x54 size, and the regular V torpedo is a 6x56.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    If I was in a better position I would buy every last stick from you and more. I know what its like to have struggling family....I will keep your family in my prayers...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hey man, Sorry to hear about your mom. I would love to help out, but my wife is out on maternity and they aren't paying her while she's out (company "forgot" to mention that she didn't sign up for Short Term Disability) Anyways, if you are still selling sticks in a month or so, I will def help you out.

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Pm incoming. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know what Sh***y days are like.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Renaissance_Man:
    wwhwang:
    Thanks, bro! You got a PM back! (and some other PMs went out)... I'll update the list with the ones wwhwang wanted removed... Also - thanks a lot for everybody that will keep my family in their prayers and everybody that will respond next to this thread. I feel silly talking about my situation on the forums cause I don't generally share much, but you guys have always been amazingly supportive and its always nice to hear a few words of encouragement...
    Man that really a lousy situation to find yourself in. My prosperous thoughts and wishes go out to you.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    You just can't catch a break! Pm inbound
    Wow guys! This has been amazing. I never thought I'd get so many responses. I think I'm pretty much almost sold out... Starting to loose track of packages - I hope I don't screw something up... Anyway - thanks to everybody who stepped up to help and keeps my family in their prayers! I am doing really good with the other stuff I am selling and will manage to raise enough money to hopefully cover at least one or two months of my mom's credit payments until she gets on her feet and starts getting paid again. She feels terrible about all this since I am her "baby", but the truth is - half of these loans were taken out when I was coming to US seven years ago to fund my studying and all... So they are not even her loans.. I guess its why I feel like a bad son sometimes. I feel like I should have offered to help much earlier than spend money on stupid ***. I feel a bit guilty about buying a car, but after 7 years of walking and biking everywhere I just couldn't do without one :/... However, it's all going to get better - majorly thanks to all of you! The advice and support I have gotten have motivated me a lot rather than leave me in a depressed state. I am glad I got the forums because it is harder for me to talk in person to somebody about this stuff - its much easier to write it here. Man - cigar.com is really changing people's lives! I really wish I get to meet you all one day! Now that I have a car - I might at least go roadtripping to MA... Anyway - thanks a lot again! I will possibly update the thread with some more cigars later tonight, but I don't think I want to get rid of all my 'gars... I still love to light one up... All I know is - I am smoking a Camacho Liberty in all of you's good health on this 4th of July!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    This is one of those times I wish I was in a better spot. I would much rather just send you some money instead of seeing you sell off your prized babies ! Sorry I can not help you my friend but good luck with everything !
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    PM in your inbox, sir.
    MrMoke:
    PM in your inbox, sir.
    And PM back! Thank you so much Moke!
    Packages for everybody that helped in this thread are going out today! I'll send tracking info in ur boxes later in the afternoon...