Home General Discussion

A poll for a decision

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
If you had about $50-$60 to spend and had a choice of....

A box of double happiness (10/20 different cigars)

-OR-

A variety of ISOM's, maybe 4 or 5

-OR-

name your suggestion

Which one would you get? I'm trying to get as many answers from different BOTL's here, so please help!

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Dbl Happiness =p. But thats because I am bidding on one atm.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Zeebra, if I could get 4 or 5 ISOMs for 50-60 I would jump on it...if only to say I had them in my humi and show off with friends...and at that price for true ISOMs that arent small machine made sticks would be a decent deal.

Otherwise, I would make my own little "upper crust" sampler to save and get a AF Anejo, AF Opus X, Padron 1964 or 1926, and a Diamond Crown Maximus. The 10-20 would be nice for amount, but I would prefer the quality to the quantity.
  • If you trust your source, go for the ISOMs. You can probably get a 3-pack of cohiba robusto's and a 3-pack of Monte #2's for that.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I doubt the source is trustworthy - go for the Double Happiness (be sure to call up Ccom, you may be able to get the Dbl Happiness for less than listing price)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    zeebra:

-OR-

-OR-

name your suggestion

Which one would you get? I'm trying to get as many answers from different BOTL's here, so please help!
    Do you need quantity or are you pretty well stocked? Also, do you trust your source? Personally, unless it's a Habanos SA shop I don't waste my time. I'd probably hunt around for some super premiums if I had a free 50-60 bucks. Actually scratch that, I'd just get as many JdN dark corojos as a I could.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I would try to get a good padilla mix you know 1932 series 68 or miami the 1948 great to but thats just me I fell those are all amazing smokes for what you can find them for
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    I doubt the source is trustworthy - go for the Double Happiness (be sure to call up Ccom, you may be able to get the Dbl Happiness for less than listing price)
    Soruce has been vouched for, so I'm good. Yea on the DH, I saw em for a great price already.
    Russ55:
    zeebra:

-OR-

-OR-

name your suggestion

Do you need quantity or are you pretty well stocked? Also, do you trust your source? Personally, unless it's a Habanos SA shop I don't waste my time. I'd probably hunt around for some super premiums if I had a free 50-60 bucks. Actually scratch that, I'd just get as many JdN dark corojos as a I could.
    I'm stocked pretty well. Source is good. Just trying to figure out what way I wanna go. I'll check out the JdN's.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If you're absolutely sure you're getting genuine cigars from the ISOM, then I suggest you go for it. You could always come around later and get the Double Happiness. In fact, calling up the CCom reps might even get you a lower price on it.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I say get you a box of Nica Libre's. They are fantastic cigars, and can be had for even less than you are looking to spend if you get a deal on them.
    ejenne87:
    I say get you a box of Nica Libre's. They are fantastic cigars, and can be had for even less than you are looking to spend if you get a deal on them.
    I actually have a few sitting in my humi. Whats your thoughts on DH stogies? Had em before?
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    As many 262 Paradigm as I could get for 60$.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Pretty sure you can get a nice 20 stick sampler of MoW here for $50
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    If I didn't already have just about all the sticks in the sampler already I'd probably get two 12 angry men samplers. Good sticks in there.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Isom's
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Partegas.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'd have to go ISOM's. But thats only cause I havent had any yet. :P
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    I would agree with ejenne, they are good smokes and u could get an entire box. I smoked a nica libre couple weeks ago with about a year of age on it and it was very tasty.

"Long ashes my friends."

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Krieg:
    ejenne87:
    I would agree with ejenne, they are good smokes and u could get an entire box. I smoked a nica libre couple weeks ago with about a year of age on it and it was very tasty.
    Good smoke. Hard to find a better smoke for the price.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    firetruckguy:
    As many 262 Paradigm as I could get for 60$.

I need to get one of these !!!
    I would go for the ISOM
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    double happiness all the way.

kuzi16:

Can I ask why? Thanks!
    The Nica Libre sounds good also, and I've only smoked one before and have a few more resting right now. Should decide in the next day or two.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    kuzi16:

Can I ask why? Thanks!
    ISOMs are good, however, they have too many issues and to tell the truth the price is not always worth it. the construction is often poor, and the tobacco is (apparently) rushed into usage.

the double happiness is a rare chance to get effectively an "A" vitola on cigars you normally wouldnt. the A vitola has a tendency to show off the fillers of cigars so you can more easily understand what is going on inside.

PLUS
    you get the option of cutting and getting twice the number of cigars.

...better cut that pizza into 8 slices instead of 6... im starving.
    ok you sold me man! double happiness it is!