Home General Discussion

Canada

I want to send some sticks up to Canada. I understand that there is a way to send them without the receiver incurring a tax. Anyone know?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    I want to send some sticks up to Canada. I understand that there is a way to send them without the receiver incurring a tax. Anyone know?
    be very very quiet about it.

but seriously, if they dont know they are cigars, how are they gunna tax em?

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    (hiting my forehead like the V8 commercial) Why didn't I think of that?
    Jdorais:
    (hiting my forehead like the V8 commercial) Why didn't I think of that?
    congrats on the 500th post
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    Jdorais:
    be very very quiet about it.

but seriously, if they dont know they are cigars, how are they gunna tax em?

Congrats

Tell them your hunting wabbits.

• badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Make sure you label them as a gift. I have never had to pay taxes on any trades I have done so far. "crossing my fingers"
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just ship and label as hobby supplies...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sort of on topic: Don't remember which BOTL I sent here from good old Canadia - but it cost like $30 to send out a normal sized package. Is this normal?
    TatuajeVI:
    Sort of on topic: Don't remember which BOTL I sent here from good old Canadia - but it cost like $30 to send out a normal sized package. Is this normal?
    It was me and that seems like an awful lot...I saw the postage and I was like HOLY ****!!!!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Label "collectible bands" and place the value at a low amount, like $20 or so.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I've never had a package to Canada cost me more than about $5, I just send international 1st class (I think?) and it works out to a couple dollars more than domestic 1st class.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    So if you live in Canada...you get taxed if someone sends you cigars?? What kind of BS is that?!?

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    What kind of BS is that?!?
    government BS

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    What kind of BS is that?!?
    government BS

crazy **** right there.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Diamondog:
    TatuajeVI:
    It was me and that seems like an awful lot...I saw the postage and I was like HOLY ****!!!!
    heh, you're right. wonder what I did wrong?
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Diamondog:
    TatuajeVI:
    I sent someting to laker last week and it cost me around $12. I think I did 1st class airmail. It's kind of stupid seeing how BC is literally 2 hours away from Seattle.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Diamondog:
    TatuajeVI:

It seems these days, every time I walk in the PO they try to oversell me, or they weight a package then say, that'll be $8.xx , I say "how will that ship?" they reply "2 day prioritry", I ask "what's the cheapest?" they print postage for $1.24 !!!!!

I don't know if PO workers started working on a commission basis, lol. But I get it all the time. Maybe you didn't say NO quick enough!!! Just IMO.

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    cabinetmaker:
    +1 Worked well when Cank taught me this trick.
    The Sniper:
    cabinetmaker:
    I've sent Doug several wooden figurines. :)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    cabinetmaker:

Careful with wood, customs may pop it open due to wood regulations (Asian Long Horn Beetle). Wood is a customs flag now adays.

Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    cabinetmaker:

Careful with wood, customs may pop it open due to wood regulations (Asian Long Horn Beetle). Wood is a customs flag now adays.

Huh, didn't know that.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Just looking for an update on the most efficient way to ship an midsize, say 9.5 lb box from a hypothetical U.S. location like say 'Buffalo area' to another ficticious place a few hours north of the border. Any service 'better'? or things/delivery companies? creative descriptions, like 'hobby supplies/samples' are good...things like 'wood' seem to be best avoided? any other thoughts? ideas tips?
    Jdorais:
    Figurines $20!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    cabinetmaker:

Interesting, didn't know that as well
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    bearb:
    Just looking for an update on the most efficient way to ship an midsize, say 9.5 lb box from a hypothetical U.S. location like say 'Buffalo area' to another ficticious place a few hours north of the border. Any service 'better'? or things/delivery companies? creative descriptions, like 'hobby supplies/samples' are good...things like 'wood' seem to be best avoided? any other thoughts? ideas tips?
    9.5lbs? That wouldnt happen to be a box of the Armadas shipping to and from ficticious places would it?
    rwheelwright:
    bearb:
    9.5lbs? That wouldnt happen to be a box of the Armadas shipping to and from ficticious places would it?
    ///while the exchange rate is really amazing right now....it likely is a tad over my budge..but that weight might be enough to include a humi, and a few other samplers to keep it from floating away...and to make the hypothetical re-shipping charges a better bang for the buck
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    bearb:
    rwheelwright:
    bearb:
    ///while the exchange rate is really amazing right now....it likely is a tad over my budge..but that weight might be enough to include a humi, and a few other samplers to keep it from floating away...and to make the hypothetical re-shipping charges a better bang for the buck
    Ok just curious. My box of Armadas should have been delivered today and the shipping weight was 9.5lbs.
    rwheelwright:
    bearb:
    rwheelwright:
    bearb:
    Ok just curious. My box of Armadas should have been delivered today and the shipping weight was 9.5lbs.
    ///well now I know who to thank....THANK YOU...come visit the 'great white north'...I'll try to save you one!! :)