Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

newbie smoker

so im on an insane budget right now bcuz living in LA is more expensive than like anything else and im extremly intrested in cigars. i just started out. i have a humidor and a few cigars. i was curious if anybody had some extra cigars that they would be willing to give away or sell for very cheap i dnt care wat kind they are im trying a little bit of everything. im into mild-medium cigars right now but i would be most appreciative of anything. so please let me know. in the future i hope to return this favor or trade with you when i have a decent inventory.

thank you for all your help,

Dan

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Dan, welcome aboard. If you send me a pm with your mailing info, I'm sure I can put together a decent little sampler for you. When you get a bit more of a foothold in the hobby and build up an inventory, you can repay the favor. How's that sound?

Joe
  • Big DanBig Dan Posts: 69

thank you very much i sent a private message back to you with my information. thank you for the welcome and the advice. that idea sounds great and i will definiatly return the favor.

-Dan

• I can do it too, I have a few interesting ones, including my local shops (Dr in Folsom and Casillas in Sacramento).

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Have you considered wholesale Bible sales to supplement your income, Big Dan?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Have you considered wholesale Bible sales to supplement your income, Big Dan?
    Pretty funny urbi, but you know the saying, ask and you shall receive. Dan, pm me some info bro.
    It's one of my favorite movies.
  • Damn, this guy practically stole my name. I guess I should've chosen something a little more unique then. Well, I guess I'll let you keep it for a while. lol
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Ok, it's killing me, and The Google was no help. Please tell me what the movie is?
    Big Dean:
    Damn, this guy practically stole my name. I guess I should've chosen something a little more unique then. Well, I guess I'll let you keep it for a while. lol
    We just need a "Big Don" and we can round out the ccom Big D trio.
    hahaha we definiatly need a Big D trio haha. thank you for all the help guys its greatly appreciated ive learned a lot in a short amount of time which is incredibly helpful since i want to jump on the band wagon asap
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well we could just put a weekly "Dunce" cap on these forums... and each week we can name the "Big ***" of the week!

BIG D TRIO
    haha ok.... well back on track here. im really looking to get a solid collection started and i dont have enough cigars to trade with right now but i will happily return the favor at a later date or if anybody has extra cigars or they would like to give me one that would be really appreciated. thank you for all your help
    Luko:
    urbino:
    Ok, it's killing me, and The Google was no help. Please tell me what the movie is?
    O Brother Where Art Thou? One of the characters, Big Dan, is a Bible wholesaler/thief. John Goodman. Classic.
    haha ooh ya wow there goes all the good qualities in my name. great movie though. anyways........
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Luko:
    urbino:
    O Brother Where Art Thou? One of the characters, Big Dan, is a Bible wholesaler/thief. John Goodman. Classic.
    Damn, how could I miss that. Good soundtrack, too. Definitely my second favorite John Goodman role after...Walter.
    "I don't roll on Shabbos."
  • Big Dan...send me your info as well. I'll shoot some sticks your way. Maybe after you strike it rich, you can send me a box of GOF! Just kidding, I'd be glad to help you out a little.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    You know... This thread just serves to remind me of what a fantastic bunch of guys you've got around here... A brand new user who has no history asks the very day he joins up if anyone would be kind enough to send him a few sticks...

Not only does he get a response and have several people offer to help him out, but what stands out even more.... You didn't suddenly get a bunch of other people jumping in here with, "Hey, send me some too" or, "Hey, I'm new too, can I get some", etc..etc..etc.. When I first saw this post and the responses, I thought for sure a barrage of posts were to follow all asking the same...

I just really think it goes to show how great the crowd on here really is... I'm about as impressed as it gets...
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Second that.
    I didn't read Big Dan's original post closely enough. I just glanced at it and thought it was another request for recommendations. I was a bit surprised -- but not terribly so -- when people started volunteering to just send him stuff. Now that I read his post, I get it.

Nice, guys. Very nice.
    slightly confused at wat ur getting at?
    I'm not sure what you're unclear on.

I was just saying I didn't read your post close enough to realize you had asked if anybody had extras they'd be willing to get rid of. We get a lot of requests from newbies for recommendations, and I thought that was all your post was. So I was surprised when people started volunteering -- seemingly for no reason -- to just send you stuff. When Shirley posted his comment, I went back and actually read your original post and realized what was going on.

That clear it up?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    You stay here, and make sure he doesn't leave the room.
    ooh alrigh well i figured that since the cigar community is one in which u share and trade and people seem to have so many cigars that they would be willing to help me get started. i will be returning this favor in the future to these people meaning that they will recieve cigars back once i get a steady collection going
    Well Dan, speaking for myself here, I'd much rather you simply enjoy the cigars I sent you and learn a thing or two about what you like in a cigar than have you return the favor. As I said already, I'm more than happy to give what help I can to a newbie because I know what it is like to be in those shoes... hell I'm still a newbie to cigar smoking, just not to this particular forum.
    thank u i appreciate it a lot and ya its hektik and there is so many different types and such its overwhelming i also noticed that there r a lot of knock offs for example look at the new thread i started
    The best advice I can give about that is to not even worry about all the brands out there. Find a few that you really like and branch out from there. Once you figure out what kind of flavor and strength profiles you like in a cigar, it will be much easier to make a good guess on a new cigar to try.
  • Dan, did you see my post? If your still interested in some sticks... send me your address!
    haha well actually i didnt until you reposted that thank you. i sent you my information via private message. thank you all for your help