Home Cigar 101

Mini cigars?

Well I'v just started smoking cigars, but lately I dont seem to have enough time to truly enjoy and finish a full sized cigar. Because of this I'v been looking at some of the smaller petit cigars (around 4 x 30) so i can enjoy a cigar fully. I'v been browsing the brands and have actually discovered there are a lot more small sized cigars thn I had thought. So my question is: can anyone who has tried many petit cigars before suggest a few brands for me to try out? I usually enjoy mild-medium cigars the most. Thanks.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cusano P1 Cafe Robusto, 5 Vegas Shorty. Those are two that come to mind right away, both are medium in strength, the P1 being the stronger of the two.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I believe both Davidoff and La Aurora make minis, both of which would almost certainly fit in the mild-medium category.
    Oh, and CAO makes a lot of their regular line cigars in tin format as well, so that's worth looking into, though perhaps some may be a bit too strong.
  • Cohiba Pequenos are my suggestion. Nice medium taste for a short smoke.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I think what I'm going to do it order a tin of 5 Vegas Shortys and a tin of CAO MX2s with my next order. I'v smoked a couple 5 Vegas sticks before and really enjoyed them and I also recieved a CAO stick from a friend not too long ago which as also very good. Maybe if I like the feel of the minis I might get a little more adventurous and order a few different brands that i haven't tried before.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the CAO italia translates well into small cigar format. Cohiba makes some as well. Id reccoment the 5 vegas shorty but, Personally, i dont like em. I think im the only person that has ever tried them and didnt like em.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    the shorties are great same with the CAO i havnt had the cohibas i want to try the cafe robustos tho it seems yummy i also want to try the la A. they are great cigars and would probably be great minis
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've smoked quite a few of the CAO Tins and the MX-2 Daggers and the Italias are my favorites. The CAO Gold minis may be more up your alley though they are on the mild side.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm on to you guys...

Kuzi = Doesn't like smaller cigars

KBizzle = Likes Smaller cigars

KBizzle is Kuzi's Gangsta Alter EGO!
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    hahahahahahahaha wow so true haha its like yin and yang in here
  • Lasabar:
    I'm on to you guys...

Aw man how did you find out?

KBizzle:

Lasabar:
    I'm on to you guys...

Alcohol and Paranoia
  • Lasabar:
    KBizzle:

Lasabar:
    I'm on to you guys...

Alcohol and Paranoia

Hahahaha that just made my day.

Lasabar:
    I'm on to you guys...

im very hit or miss on small cigars. the italia did do well as a small cigar. I buy the tins now and then. I usually like my cigar to take up some time so i tend to get larger cigars. i enjoy sitting around for two plus hours with a smoke. small cigars dont appeal to me.

and if you keep outing my gangsta alter ego....

...ill put a cap in yo ass.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Lasabar:
    I'm on to you guys...

im very hit or miss on small cigars. the italia did do well as a small cigar. I buy the tins now and then. I usually like my cigar to take up some time so i tend to get larger cigars. i enjoy sitting around for two plus hours with a smoke. small cigars dont appeal to me.

and if you keep outing my gangsta alter ego....

...ill put a cap in yo ass.
    He's already done it once... Don't play games with him anymore... Verbal warnings don't carry a strong message... Bring out the cigar cutter and grab a pinky...
    kuzi16:
    ill put a cap in yo ass.
    I believe its BUST ... Please leave this speak to your alter ego, kuh-zee
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    ill put a cap in yo ass.
    "K-bizzle"
    "Bust" is to west side. Im south central. hence "put"

...south central Cuyahoga Falls Ohio.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    ill put a cap in yo ass.
    "K-bizzle"
    "Bust" is to west side. Im south central. hence "put"

...south central Cuyahoga Falls Ohio.
    I thought south central was "pop"??? and btw Maddy... It's "Buss", not "Bust"...
    Well Buss, Bust, or pop. Dammit I knew it wasn't put!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    "Insert," maybe?
    urbino:
    "Insert," maybe?
    Insert is for the "Boys-Town" side of the Neighborhood...

Side-note:

What does Snoop use an Umbrella for?
    Fo' Drizzle!

What does Snoop use to clean his whites?
    BLE-OCH!

That is all........
  • Another good thread to have around. As I live in Wisconsin and it's starting to get cold, and I'm not allowed to smoke inside I'm looking for a way to still enjoy cigars without having to sit in the snow for 2 hours.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Try the 5 Vegas Gold nuggets. They are my go to short smoke.
  • Does anybody know of a company that makes tins of smaller cigars with a stronger flavor? I'm gonna look into the CAOs, any other good ones I should look for?
    I think Padron makes tins, look at Padron and they are called Chicos, might be worth a try. Also, Gurkha makes tins, though you won't find them here.

edit: The Padron is the Corticos, not the Chicos, though both are small cigars only the Corticos come in a tin.
    i may be able to get my hands on some gurkha tins. ill look into it.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Arturo Fuente Cubanitos are a VERY fine little cigar. They are made with a 10 yr. old wrapper, and are tasty 20 minute or so cigars.
    they are available at C.COM for $17.50 for a tin of 10.
    Look under the Arturo Fuente line and scroll down to the Dominican, Cameroon section, they are about half way thru the list. Always will keep these on hand.
  • I picked up a tin of CAO bella vanilla cigars last night and they are pretty decent. I'll look into the Cubanitos. They might even have those at my local shop, I noticed they had several different tins of Arturo Fuente.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Wafflebob:
    I picked up a tin of CAO bella vanilla cigars last night and they are pretty decent. I'll look into the Cubanitos. They might even have those at my local shop, I noticed they had several different tins of Arturo Fuente.

Just to be sure you get what you are looking for...

The Cubanitos are NOT flavoured cigars they are just a mini copy of a Full size Fuente cigar, that only takes 20 - 30 minutes to smoke.
  • laker1963:
    Wafflebob:
    I picked up a tin of CAO bella vanilla cigars last night and they are pretty decent. I'll look into the Cubanitos. They might even have those at my local shop, I noticed they had several different tins of Arturo Fuente.

Just to be sure you get what you are looking for...

The Cubanitos are NOT flavoured cigars they are just a mini copy of a Full size Fuente cigar, that only takes 20 - 30 minutes to smoke.
    I normally do not go for flavored cigars, however when I was looking at the tins at my local shop I thought vanilla might compliment a cigar nicely so I decided to go out on a limb and try it.