Home General Discussion

How Do You Store Your Acids?

I will be sending some Acids to my house in the states. How do I store them without them marrying to my other smokes? Would placing them in a separate ziplock bag work?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I would definitely keep them in a separate container of some sort. Not in my humidors, that's for sure. Grab yourself a tupperware container, throw some sort of humidifier in there and you're good to go. Just be sure to check the rH every once in a while - if you aren't using beads in the tupperware, your rH can get really well above 70% if you aren't careful.

See? I posted that entire thing without making fun of Acids! ;)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    See? I posted that entire thing without making fun of Acids! ;)
    Fine, I'll say it. I store my Acids in the trash! Smile [:)]

Actually I don't have anything constructive or intelligent to add that Phil hasn't already said. I do try out an Acid about once every 6 months. I like that 1400cc. Definitely keep them in a separate container. The stuff they put on those things is like....well, acid.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    While Acids are certainly not my daily smoke I do enjoy a little variety. I tried a Blondie while here in Iraq and it was ok. Certainly different. I wanted to try some of their other offerings but not at the expense of ruining the others.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of variety! The great thing is that Drew Estates also makes some fabulous "non-infused" smokes. If you haven't already, make sure to try out the Liga Privada No. 9 and T52. Call your order in to Jeff Jackson here at cigar.com and tell him you're deployed. He is the frickin man. Trust me. :)

In addition, thank you for your service to our country. I served in Baghdad in 2005/2006 myself as a Sgt. Sadly, I was not into cigars very much at the time. Man, I would have had a cigar or three every day...

Oh and you can ignore my comment about your humidity potentially getting high. lol. Not until March or April do the words "humid" and "Iraq" fall in the same sentence.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    I wish I had more time to smoke here. There are several of us here that enjoy a good smoke. Time is usually the problem though. The draw down is occuring so there are many busy days but when the oppertunity is there to burn one you have to take advantage of it. Is there a number I can reach Mr. Jackson at?
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I'm sorry mrs. jackson.... WOOOOO.....I AM FOR REAAAAAALLLL!

You can ask for him by name at the 1800-357-9800 line or shoot ccom an email and ask that it be directed to him. Its a tight family at ccom.
    JJackson@cigar.com is his email, and the phone number you'd normally call in is how to reach him.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    TatuajeVI:
    It's BORKs

There is no blender but Litto Gomez, and I wish I was his merchant.
    i'm using you as my signature now. Those are great.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    tupperware+water pillow = happy acids

"Long ashes my friends."

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    i store my acids at my local store lol....u know...the ones that i never freaking buy but i do need to try one of them one day
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how do i store my acids?

in the B&M humidor.

HA!

not for me...
    but if they were for me, i would keep them in a different humidor.... maybe a 20ct or something dedicated only to infused cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I store my Acids?? I DON'T!! I've been completely UNDERWHELMED by every thing Drew Estates produces - consequently, I have no storage problem...........

Marty

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    IN GLASS JARS IN MY LABORATORY! OTHERWISE THEY BURN A HOLE THROUGHT THE COUNTER AND THE FLOOR........mU HA mU HA muhahaha
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    After I obtain a virgin, the blood of a bat, the ashes of a Ruination, and the skull of a lion I perform the ritual to send the beast back to the depths hell.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Gentleman:
    After I obtain a virgin, the blood of a bat, the ashes of a Ruination, and the skull of a lion I perform the ritual to send the beast back to the depths hell.
    and I have a new signature lol
  • JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Gentleman:

HAHA!