Home Non Cigar Related

Forum line break problem

Is anyone else having a line break problem with there forum posts? If I post a reply or a topic all the line breaks are removed and the post looks like one big paragraph. Is anyone else having this problem? I broke up this post but watch it will work this time.

Comments

• I'm having tha same problem. You're not crazy.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    when you
    are done reading
    this post hit
    the
    quote button to see
    how i got all the breaks
    in here.

i hate
    HTML

hope that helped.
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    ya, you can use <br> but you shouldn't have to. It can be done with one line of code in PHP and I'm guessing it can be done in one line in ASP as well.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    It's always been this way here, we've just adapted. You're right that we shouldn't have to use the html, but overall this place is good enough that its worth putting up with.
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    Scrambler:
    It's always been this way here, we've just adapted. You're right that we shouldn't have to use the html, but overall this place is good enough that its worth putting up with.
    I agree that this place is worth putting up with a small irritation such as this, it is worth putting up with large irritation but it would be nice to not have to think about it.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    sane:
    ya, you can use <br> but you shouldn't have to. It can be done with one line of code in PHP and I'm guessing it can be done in one line in ASP as well.
    ASP.NET, actually, but yes. It's just a matter encoding the linebreaks as <br> tags. However, it should be noted that that's not ccom's fault. They're using out-of-the-box forum software.