Home General Discussion

Falls a commin

well it has been in the high 80s and 90s with the dew points(that dew points a mother) above 70 which seems like all summer long. The last Few days have been really cool here in pa and it made me think I only have a couple months left until I put the stogies up for the winter(pretty much)so sad. How may of you guys put away the babies for the winter.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I definitely smoke less in the winter. I go to the B&M more. I may have to install a heater in my garage and see how that works.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    lilwing88:
    I definitely smoke less in the winter. I go to the B&M more. I may have to install a heater in my garage and see how that works.

I live in Northern California, It doesnt get Freezing but it does get allot cooler and less time spent in the back yard in the evening. I got a Small Space type heater at Wally worl last year for like 30 bucks that heast my three car garage (well a space i have for smoking) really well. Cold weather wont stop me.. and i definatley go to the B&M more!
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I def go through less, but I try to still get in a few a week indoors. I'm a single guy, so when the weather isn't frighteningly cold, I'll pop open a window and run the window fan. But its way less than the summer time. I'll put in one a day from May to October
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yeah I am in the B&M more but i also don't smoke as much..... well now I shouldnt say that, actually I think I smoke more because I have nothing to because its so damn cold out so I go to my B&M
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    Yeah I am in the B&M more but i also don't smoke as much..... well now I shouldnt say that, actually I think I smoke more because I have nothing to because its so damn cold out so I go to my B&M
    Hey Cank, are you a Bears fan or a Rams fan? The Bears don't play the Rams during the regular season (and not very likely in the post season either) but we should plan a football herf someday......

But keep in mind, I'll be in So. Illinois in Nov. for Deer Hunting season......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I usually stock up in the winter.Also, living in Mass., I also think of winter as a time for all of my current stock to get an additional 5 or 6 months of aging or resting time.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Sorry guys, but down here on the gulf coast and having previously lived in the British Isles where, if the temp goes above 70 degrees you have a heat wave! I am looking forward to spending more time outside and smoking MORE!!!!

I love it when the temp gets down to the low 80 or even the 70s or upper 60s!
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I smoke more in the winter than the summer. It's pretty intolerable on my porch in the summer and nothing to do for fixing it (Humidity is what kills it). In the winter I just throw on a few layers and fire up the infrared heater (Comfort Zone CZ999SR, one of the best purchases I have EVER made). Even with a strong wind I just set this puppy up a few feet away from me and I'm good to go.

• RoughscotsmanRoughscotsman Posts: 39
    Summer??
  • StarbuckStarbuck Posts: 32
    I love the fall. To me this is the best time to smoke. Lot's of college and NFL action on the TV. Plans are to put an LCD on the deck this fall for the Saturday and Sunday games. Not to mention I always seem to play a lot more golf in the fall as well. Best time of the year.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely thinking along the same lines as sir Starbuck... minus the football of course. But my area has been over 100 degrees lately, making smoking outside quite intolerable. So I'm definitely looking forward to cooler weather. Not to mention, Joey's been talking about converting his garage, or at least part of it, to a man-cave, so I guess I'll just spend more time over there if it gets really cold...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been in the high 50's here the last few nights & 80's during the day. I love fall. I will be smoking way more outside.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    It was soo freakin' beautiful this morning that as I was leaving the house I considered going back in, grabbing a stick and another cup of coffee and sitting in the adirondack chair to enjoy the cool weather. God I wish I did. But, my 'adult' senses prevailed and I came into work. We are having company over for dinner tonight, and I don't know if I'll get a chance to enjoy one tonight. Dang! When it's cold, I'll head to my B&M. But, cold to me is different from other people's definition of cold. I'll sit outside and smoke right through November. I ain't scared of New England. I had a law professor from some miserable part of Canada and we teased him about it all the time. He would say "Have you ever heard a brain surgeon with a southern accent? Of course not. So the cold must be good."
  • kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
    i agree w/ ya on the temps., im about maybe 2 hours east of ya and it was freezin this morning, what do you mean about putting them up for winter ? you dont smoke at all throught the winter ?
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    i still enjoy the winter love being outside but i have a sun room that has two build in electric wall heaters and a glass wall to stare at ths snow.... :)
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Fall & Winter= Football season to me....
    and that's when I like to smoke the most! ;)
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    cant wait for the cooler weather to set in. i will be able to burn one anytime. its to hot during the day here. the only time i dont smoke in the winter is when im hunting. but as soon as the kill is made the herfador is raided.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doromath:
    I smoke more in the winter than the summer. It's pretty intolerable on my porch in the summer and nothing to do for fixing it (Humidity is what kills it). In the winter I just throw on a few layers and fire up the infrared heater (Comfort Zone CZ999SR, one of the best purchases I have EVER made). Even with a strong wind I just set this puppy up a few feet away from me and I'm good to go.

I'm with this, definetly looking forward to smoking more now that it's finally cooling down!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I do smoke very little in the winter... that's when I stock up

I did have a ManCave this past winter that was home to about 20 smokes... but I just moved so we'll see what happens this year...

I don't put them away, I just smoke less
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm really loving the weather right now. It's making for some really good smoking. It's been high 60's at night and low to mid 80s during the day. I'm weird and love being out in the cold. I won't smoke as much as usual though.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to smoke the larger sizes I have while the weather is good and I save the small ones for the winter. It's hard though, there are some nice looking robustos on the top shelf that keep staring at me...
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I am loving the weather we are getting here now. Around 80 during the day and in the 50's at night. I have smoked more this past week than I did most of last month. I admit I dont smoke as much during the winter months but every saturday and sunday I will be in the garage with the heater going watching football and burning whatever nice sticks catch my eye.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Still freaky hot down here
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    We just had three days of 105-110 degree weather. Yesterday was high nineties, and it's supposed to get better today, but even after summer is over it won't get cold enough here in southern California that you can't smoke. If it does, I've got one of those outdoor chimney things to keep me warm. The smell of firewood and a cigar is nice, and I haven't used the thing in a long time. Looking forward to it actually.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I know I already responded to this, but with the weather we've been having the past two days (70ish and overcast/rainy), it's just reminding me more and more how much I love the fall. Looking forward to some cozy times this fall/winter!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨