Home General Discussion

Going on Vacation

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Ok so I'm sure some of you remember the thread I started awhile back about how I won a vacation to the island of Curacao from one of the local radio stations. Well the time is almost here to go. I'm leaving next Wednesday for a 5 day 4 night vacation. So I'll be MIA for the 1st through the 5th for that then flying to Cali about 9 hours after I get back so I probably won't be on until I get out there on the 6th. Part of the trip includes tickets to the North Sea Jazz Festival: http://www.northseajazz.com/en/default.aspx

I'll be staying at the Kura Hulanda Lodge for 3 nights and at the Hotel the last night: http://www.kurahulanda.com/index.php

The gf and I are really excited. I'm not planning on taking too many sticks with me, around 6 max as I can get ISOM's down there :) Anyways only stick I have picked out so far is a Man O War Ruination and a Diesel UC (Thanks Hannibal) and am wondering what you fine brothers would suggest for the other sticks that I'll be taking. Thanks to Lasabar I'm leaning towards picking out a few medium and a few mild to go along with the 2 full bodied that I already have picked out. I'm gonna take tons of pics and share with you fine gents!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A Diesel... And something Pepin

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the deserved vacation, bro! Bring back some souvenirs. And don't buy from jacka$ses on the beaches with glass-top boxes lol. I'd suggest bringing something citrus-tasting since you'll be in a very hot place lol. Maybe RP Summer 2008 or 2009? Paradigm 262? Or maybe San Cristobal or Nica Libre?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Have FUN!!! I'd say bring something lighter... I remember when I was in the Dominican Republic the sun was so hot and beating down on me, I didn't want a anything heavy... Nice and light during the day and something flavorful during the night time.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Thanks guys!

I'm def feeling the diesel Stephen it's added!

Lassie you make a great point. I think I might up my stick count to 6 or so and take a couple of full, a couple medium and a couple of mild.

Wayne no worries brother, the beaches I'll be going to are private ones for the Kura Hulanda and won't have those vendors....lol I'm def gonna find a tobacco shop to get some ISOM's at. We are gonna hit up the open air markets they have. I'm hoping to find some really cool stuff down there to bring back. And those are all great suggestions but unfortunately I have none of them...lol
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    What ISOMs did you plan on checking out?
    j0z3r:
    Pretty much whatever I can find. I was hoping Partagas, Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    Pretty much whatever I can find. I was hoping Partagas, Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Famous and easy smoke is the Montecristo No. 4, famous and powerful is Partagas Serie D. No. 4.... If you do get to a LCDH (La Casa Del Habano) try some "Edicion Limitada" like the Romeo y Julieta DUKE or the Montecristo "OPEN" line. Otherwise other good reviewed cigars are RyJ Short Churchills, Cohiba Robusto or Siglo's from III on up, Bolivar Belicosos Finos or Ramon Allones Specially Selected.

Those are the staples, but if you do find a place that sells legit ISOMs than honestly just talk to their Sommelier and they will take you on a tour of the shop and help you unload your WALLET!
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    Famous and easy smoke is the Montecristo No. 4, famous and powerful is Partagas Serie D. No. 4.... If you do get to a LCDH (La Casa Del Habano) try some "Edicion Limitada" like the Romeo y Julieta DUKE or the Montecristo "OPEN" line. Otherwise other good reviewed cigars are RyJ Short Churchills, Cohiba Robusto or Siglo's from III on up, Bolivar Belicosos Finos or Ramon Allones Specially Selected.

Those are the staples, but if you do find a place that sells legit ISOMs than honestly just talk to their Sommelier and they will take you on a tour of the shop and help you unload your WALLET!
    Thanks bro! I really appreciate the Advice. I'm def gonna look for these and a Sommelier to talk to and let him empty my bank account....lol I'll def be looking for the Romeo and Partagas along with the Bolivar and Cohiba. I'll keep my eyes out for the others and see what I can find :)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    hey really stupid request....bring me back a COOL shot glass...something unique if u can...not one just says mexico on it lol..but something bad ass and totally cool...i got no problem paying for it or shooting u some cigars!
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    hey really stupid request....bring me back a COOL shot glass...something unique if u can...not one just says mexico on it lol..but something bad ass and totally cool...i got no problem paying for it or shooting u some cigars!
    I will see if I can find one for ya brother. Just so you know it's not in Mexico...lol It's an island down next to Aruba above South America.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    oh duh! lol...yeah...even better!!! get me what u can brother!
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    oh duh! lol...yeah...even better!!! get me what u can brother!
    Will do you crazy BORK!
    Bring me back a fine south of the border chica..... Nothing special, just no cleft pallate
    I will see what I can do brother! Can't promise about the no cleft pallate though............lol
    ENFIDL:
    I will see what I can do brother! Can't promise about the no cleft pallate though............lol
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Never mind... I can't date a permanent Elvis...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hey just so ya know...cleft palates can turn out quite sexy. After all, I was born with one ;-).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Never mind... I can't date a permanent Elvis...
    Hays:
    Hey just so ya know...cleft palates can turn out quite sexy. After all, I was born with one ;-).
    Ok ok no cleft pallate for Lassie now....LOL Hays I joke brother! Nothin but love!
    Hays:
    Are you trying to make yourself look sexy to me???

It's working
    Lasabar:
    Hays:

It's working
    Ahh look my thread has brought on a romance ;) LOLZ
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:
    Hays:

It's working
    Bro-mance
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:
    Hays:

It's working
    Bro-mance
    Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night brother...lol
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    LMAO! Lassy - you and me all the way big boi ;-)

But for real, I was born with one. At birth, had a smile that literally stretched ear to ear.. 14 major operations later (not all directly related, but indirectly..), and we have the sexy manimal that you all love to love... LOL
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    LMAO! Lassy - you and me all the way big boi ;-)

But for real, I was born with one. At birth, had a smile that literally stretched ear to ear.. 14 major operations later (not all directly related, but indirectly..), and we have the sexy manimal that you all love to love... LOL
    That really sucks brother. Going through that as a child had to be really hard! Although I'm not gonna lie I like the way you're put together...lol
    Ok so this is the line up I'm thinking of taking down with me:

Man O War Ruination
    Man O War
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail
    Gurkha Grand Envoy
    CAO Soprano
    Tatuaje VI
    Gurkha Signature 1887
    Gurkha Symphony

What do you fine BORK's think?
    Alright guys I'm off work and out. I probably won't be on until I get out to Cali. I gotta spend the next few days finishing up packing and making sure everything at the house is good and all. Take care you crazy BORK's!
    Well gents I'm back from Curacao. Freaking amazing! Got into Miami around 630 last night and got back into the northern VA area around midnight. Been at the airport since waiting to go to California. Pics will come as my old lady gets them online. Jazz festival was fun got to do a guided snorkeling boat trip to a ship wreck and cave. Tons of fun. The lodge put us up in an ocean front suite which was awesome and made a nice smoking area :)
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Can't wait to see the pics. By the way...Arrahu Ahkbar! (Chinese terrorist :P).