Home General Discussion
Options

Wrapper issues with the Serie V

As I have stated on these boards before, I am a huge fan of the Oliva Serie V Torpedo but in my last batch, I have found 3 of the ten sticks I bought had wrapper issues prior to smoking. I checked the cigars at the shop and all looked fine, got them home and put them in my humi and then approximately 2 weeks later I notice the three that had tears in the wrapper at differnet locations (one at the foot and 2 just below the band.) Checked for beatles and anything else that might be causing this an found nothing. All of my other sticks are fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this with the Serie V or if this is something I should be checking more closely for at this particular shop.

Comments

• Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    About the only thing I can think of would be if they were dry at your B&M, then had their humidity raised too rapidly in your Humidor. Ask your Tobacconist where he keeps his shops humidor. Ideally sticks should not be "raised" too fast (1%-3%/day) to avoid this cracking/splitting issue you speak of :)

But dang if I have 6 humidors at varying humidities for cigar maintenance :P