Home General Discussion

What to smoke for my 30th birthday?

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
How do I select that one special cigar? I have a few in my humidor and dont know which one to grab, so help me decide on one, maybe two cigars. My bday is Friday, October 1st, but I wont be able to have a cigar until Sunday most likely. Wife is throwing a party at the house cause I told her I dont want to leave and watch football all day, so, fajitas and beers and cigars it is. I'll light up once everyone leaves and I'm in peace.......

Here are a few I'm thinking about, and I've never smoked any of them before and have these to choose from......

Opus X
AF WOAM
Davidoff Special R
Casa Fuente
Padron 26 Anniversary

Any others you can suggest?

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sound like the makings of a good time. I would say you cant go wrong with any one of those, just close your eyes and grab one. Happy birthday!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

Those sound like a good start, what about after lunch?
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    zeebra:
    How do I select that one special cigar? I have a few in my humidor and dont know which one to grab, so help me decide on one, maybe two cigars. My bday is Friday, October 1st, but I wont be able to have a cigar until Sunday most likely. Wife is throwing a party at the house cause I told her I dont want to leave and watch football all day, so, fajitas and beers and cigars it is. I'll light up once everyone leaves and I'm in peace.......

Here are a few I'm thinking about, and I've never smoked any of them before and have these to choose from......

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

You have to try an Esteban Carreras Habano Sixty (6" x 60) The Esteban Carreras Habano cigar is made with a Nicaraguan wrapper, binder and filler. This makes for a pure Nicaraguan full-bodied smoke that will knock your socks off. I believe that they are hard to find online...anyway whatever you decide to smoke just enjoy your 30th...Happy Birthday!!!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I would go with the OpusX, Padron 26 Anniversary, and the Davidoff Special R. o yeah HAPPY B-DAY!
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    OPus X. Or which ever is the biggest/longest gauge.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I guess all are good choices. Gonna try to get at least 2 in that day!
    cabinetmaker:
    zeebra:
    Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

Those sound like a good start, what about after lunch?
    I'll try to squeeze 2 in. I know you have 2 before you even brush your teeth..hahaha. Yup, but they do sound good.
    Ironworker63:
    zeebra:

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

You have to try an Esteban Carreras Habano Sixty (6" x 60) The Esteban Carreras Habano cigar is made with a Nicaraguan wrapper, binder and filler. This makes for a pure Nicaraguan full-bodied smoke that will knock your socks off. I believe that they are hard to find online...anyway whatever you decide to smoke just enjoy your 30th...Happy Birthday!!!
    No, never have and never heard of it either. I'll check out the B&M and see if they have any for a future date. I dont think I can handle a cigar that will "knock your socks off" just yet. Thanks!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    zeebra:

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

From what you have I can only tell you that the Opus X and Padron are very good IMO. But both need to have some age on them. How long have they been resting? Those two are def. much better with age on them. Just FYI. If they are younger I would go with something else on your list but I can not tell you where I would start. I have trouble picking out what I'm going to smoke from day to day.
    zeebra:

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

From what you have I can only tell you that the Opus X and Padron are very good IMO. But both need to have some age on them. How long have they been resting? Those two are def. much better with age on them. Just FYI. If they are younger I would go with something else on your list but I can not tell you where I would start. I have trouble picking out what I'm going to smoke from day to day.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I would start off with the Davidoff, then go with something more full bodied like the Opus or the Padron.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    PuroFreak:
    I would start off with the Davidoff, then go with something more full bodied like the Opus or the Padron.
    +1
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    .... and I've never smoked any of them before and have these to choose from......
    Personally, I wouldn't smoke anything you've never smoked before. Most of the time when I do that, the new stick just doesn't deliver, and on a big day like that I want to be sure I have a great, satisfying smoke. I'd pick something you're positive you know you will enjoy, but that's probably just me. What's a nice stick you already know you like?
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    zeebra:

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

The Casa Fuente is awesome - I think I might like it more than the opus - I really enjoy the corona gorda size
    Sandman1am:
    zeebra:

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

I hear they are great cigars! The opus have about 3 months on them and the Padron, I'm not sure, someone on the forum sent me that. All my cigars that I bought are young as I've only started collecting since Feb.

Good luck picking out a smoke for ya!
    Russ55:
    zeebra:
    .... and I've never smoked any of them before and have these to choose from......
    Personally, I wouldn't smoke anything you've never smoked before. Most of the time when I do that, the new stick just doesn't deliver, and on a big day like that I want to be sure I have a great, satisfying smoke. I'd pick something you're positive you know you will enjoy, but that's probably just me. What's a nice stick you already know you like?
    Hmm...that is some good advice. Well I know I really like the AF hemmingway naturals, so I'm guessing I can go with the WOAM. If you mean ones that I have smoked, it would be MoW Virtue, Nub maduro...smokes like that. I dont think I've even smoked a cigar worth over $10 yet. hahaha
    zeebra:
    Sandman1am:
    zeebra:

Opus X
    AF WOAM
    Davidoff Special R
    Casa Fuente
    Padron 26 Anniversary

I hear they are great cigars! The opus have about 3 months on them and the Padron, I'm not sure, someone on the forum sent me that. All my cigars that I bought are young as I've only started collecting since Feb.

Good luck picking out a smoke for ya!
    Just a word of advice the Opus will be much better with a year on it. I know it sounds hard to do but I've got a few that have been aged 6 months and it feels like I just bought them yesterday. You will see how easy it is once you really get going and have been collecting for awhile.

I'd at very least let the Padron rest for 3 or 4 months easy. I made the mistake of smoking one too early and it was nasty because it wasn't rested. All that hype and I was expecting awesome and got poo!!!! They are your sticks but I would let them rest so you get the full potential out of them.

I would second going with a stick on your bday that you know you will love. Of course I didn't do that this year when I did a AF Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario but I had a feeling that since I knew I liked Opus X and GOF that since the wrapper was the same and the blender was the same that I couldn't go wrong. I was soooo very glad that I was right.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    +1