Home Non Cigar Related

happy tax return season!!

jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
what did you all buy, if anything with your tax return? or what do you plan to buy if you havent gotten it yet. heres what I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-47PFL7422D-37-47-inch-1080p/dp/tech-data/B000NV7Q4E/ref=de_a_smtd
Now guess how much I paid for it?

850 after tax and shipping! Got it from my work online employee store. its a refurb with a hell of a discount. believe it or not, but I am 28 years old and this is the first tv i have ever bought, all my roomates before had a tv we used. now im by myself so i figured I would go all out. I was planning on paying about 1300 for a 37 or 42 inch, but I saw this deal and had to jump on it.

Comments

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Excellent buy jihiggs, I hope to get a new one this year.

My refund went to pay the renewal for my Homestead-Miami Championship Weekend Tickets. Six tickets on the start/finish line.
  • HardspotHardspot Posts: 24
    I went out and bought a new cell phone(enV, green), $80 in cigars and a couple tanks of gas for my truck. l
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Most of mine is still in the bank, but I did buy some cigars, a new computer hard drive, and an xbox 360 for my kids
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That is a nice buy jihiggs, very sleek looking TV. I don't know that I made any purchase in particular with my tax refund, as I tend to save my money more than I spend it, so that is likely what I did with most of my tax refund.... Well, and I'm sure I spent some of it on cigars, that's the one big thing I've been spending on... Just can't stop buying cigars.

Joe
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i got part of a new roof for my house.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Taking some of the money to take the wife and kids to Disneyworld in a month. And no, I won't be going to pleasure island unfortunately. I hear they have some nice cigars there, though a tad overpriced, as are all things Disney.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Nice guys. I'm jealous. I ended up having to send a fat check to the Feds and state even after they pillaged my paycheck all year long.
  • zacharypzacharyp Posts: 5
    Just got one of these, which should be sitting on my front step when I get home this evening. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834110280 I plan to setup the wifi, and then be able to enjoy a good stogie outdoors whilst surfing the interweb with my new toy.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, those tablet PCs are handy as a hip pocket. Enjoy!
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Like the pilot I ended up owing Fed. and State....oh well there's always next year!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I owed too but since I'd already paid it when the check arrived. It helped me round out the money I needed to buy a Bike ... a 2002 Yamaha V Star Classic to be exact. Nothing fancy but it'll be a good starter.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Whoops I thought we were talking about the stimulus check.