Home Non Cigar Related

Thunder Storm

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
I really need a covered patio or balcony, etc. There is a strong thunder storm going on. Sounds exactly like movie thunder. Beautiful cracks of lightening, nice and cool out now. Ugh, I wish I could smoke a nice premium in this. Who else likes smoking in this weather?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I love smoking outside while the weather is putting on a show. Unfortunately we don't get very much thunder or lightning here.
    Where I used to live in Alberta we used to sit out and watch some fantastic summer thunder storms. Now I l like to be at the ocean to watch that show during the winter storms.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I love it as well. I have a large covered front porch that is perfect for smoking during thunderstorms. Really relaxing!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i love that situation. the only time ive been a bit freaked out by it is when lightning struck in the street in front of my house... this is only about 60 feet from my porch. it was about time to head in.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. Any kind of weather. My patio is large, covered, and well protected and sitting out there during any kind of a storm with a stogie and a glass of sour mash is just delightful.

The weather last night around here was quite windy - 26 mph gusting to over 30 - and I took a CAO Italia toro and some Evan Williams with a little ice and enjoyed the h3ll out of it. Had a couple minor burn problems due to the wind but, all in all, not too bad.

Marty

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    PsychoSJG:
    I really need a covered patio or balcony, etc. There is a strong thunder storm going on. Sounds exactly like movie thunder. Beautiful cracks of lightening, nice and cool out now. Ugh, I wish I could smoke a nice premium in this. Who else likes smoking in this weather?

Yeah that sucker shut down Monday Night football! Love thunderstorms.. they are the Wakean... Thunderbeings
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have a large back porch I sit on in all kinds of weather. This is the lightning capital of the world and when it gets close I go in. I have had the unfortunate experience with lightning while camping a few years ago and survived. I will not tempt the Lord They God again
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    It would be kind of cool imagery for neighbors to witness in a thunderstorm. Flash and lightning and a lone dark figure appears for an instant with smoke rising from a bright ember close to the face...LoL.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have smoked many cigars on JZ's front porch during a summer thunderstorm, very relaxing.

"Long ashes my friends."