Home Non Cigar Related

tough mudder

So I just signed up for this. Anyone done it before?

I got this on the 12th in ATL then the ATL marathon 2 weeks later. I need to step up my game for this.

Anyone got a good work out plan or anything that has worked? I've been running a lot and lifting a little, but need to lift more now the TM has been added.

Comments

• pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    What kind of obstacles are there? I saw the running through water, mud crawl, and rope stuff. And running through fire, though I don't think theres a workout plan for that.
  • Water/mud pools, under water tunnel, crazy step hills (over the run you go up 670 feet), river crossing, net crawls, net climbs, walls, and the fire pits.

I am running 3-4 days a week, bike home (5miles) 2 days a week, strength training 2-3 days a week. Think that should cover it, apart from the fire!
    Sounds like as good a plan as any as long as you dont overwork yourself!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have been in to a bit of a cross-fit routine lately. I wasn't a huge fan when it first started getting big but I am definitely a believer now! No other workout plan I have been on (and there have been a LOT!) has even come close to getting my body ready for absolutely anything like cross-fit. I went from running about 4 days a week to running only one day per week and my mile split went from 8:30 to 7:45 during a 10-mile in about a month. Cross-fit is, in my opinion, the single best workout plan created for the types of events you are talking about. Now, if you want to put on a little bit of size and get considerably stronger in a short amount of time P90X is pretty decent.
  • On my strength days I do one of the P90X disks. I do those on the days I bike home from work. How would you mix cross-fit, running, and P90X?
    Honestly, if you follow the workouts on crossfit.com you wont need to do anything else. They have some runs mixed in the workouts. If you follow cross-fit religiously like some of my friends do, you will get really fit, REALLY fast. I suggest doing it for a week and giving it your all every day to see if you like it. I do mostly only cross-fit workouts now, but I like to throw in some longer runs just because I like to. There was a few months though where all I did was cross-fit and still improved my split times significantly.
    Hey ejenne, can you put on muscle with crossfit if you eat a crap-ton of food with it? I'm kinda pre-rugby season now so I need something to get me in good shape and keep me gaining muscle.
    pnaylon:
    Hey ejenne, can you put on muscle with crossfit if you eat a crap-ton of food with it? I'm kinda pre-rugby season now so I need something to get me in good shape and keep me gaining muscle.
    Absolutely you can. One of the main reasons why I am a better runner now is because cross-fit strengthened my legs so much. I can't wear the same jeans I did a couple months ago because my thighs are too big now. I am also seeing s bit of growth in my upper body as well. This gain of muscle is actually the main reason why I have started to look for other workout plans. I don't like being too big so I need a change for now.