Home Non Cigar Related

My House Hates Me

I dont know if any of you have these types of problems when you are trying to do an upgrade or home project but I seem to run into these things every time I try to do something to make my house nicer.

Today after getting home from work I decided to install the over the range microwave that we got a while back. I have installed about 20 of these at work and can do it in my sleep. I remove the hood, no problem, and start to mark the holes for the bracket. After they are marked I start drilling for the toggle bolts and the length of the right side of the bracket runs right down the vent pipe for my downstairs bathroom. So thats problem 1. I have to make an additional piece for the bracket so I can secure the right side. Ok that took some time but done.

Now I am prepping the cabinet so I can mount the microwave and everything is going fine. I get everything up and start to tighten the bolts that hold the microwave to the bottom of the cabinet and I run into the next problem. It looks like whoever did these cabinets didnt want to install a half over the oven and had a full sized cabinet just laying around and decided to cut that in half. So now all I have to mount this microwave to is the piece of particle board shelf that someone nailed to the bottom of the cabinet. Ok now I am starting to curse out loud instead of to myself.

This is where I am at currently. I figured this would be a good time to take a break and have a beer before I do something like throw my drill through the wall. Every time I do a project around this house something like this always happens. Nothing ever really bad but just enough to piss me off to no end.

Oh well back to it.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Gotta hate shoddy cabinets. A good cabinetmaker would NEVER use particleboard.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    imagine my pain when I went to remodel my bathroom....one month later, unfinished...well I also worked like 60 hours a week so i didnt have much time.....but nonetheless i ran into one problem have the next then another....then another lol