Home General Discussion

Newbie Needs Help

I am new to the world of cigars, the only cigars i have had are one my friends share. And i need some to reccommend a good first cigar.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hello and welcome. My recommendation would be to look into a sampler pack, probably a variety pack, that would help you figure out what you like. Cigar.com has a good selection of samplers, and once you figure out your taste, then it will be easier to figure out specific cigars and blends you might like. Recommending a first cigar would be like shooting in the dark, you may or may not get what you want. Good luck finding what you like.

Joe
  • kodkod Posts: 41

that sounds like a good idea. thanks for helping me decide.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    a cigar that i give to alot of newbies is the cusano18
    thereis only one person i have ever hear of (*ahemmm* you know who you are) that doesnt like it. To each their own. Personally, i think its a good beginners cigar because it is consistant. It burns even almost 100% of the time. Its also on the mild side so many newer smokers wont get sick, yet it still has a good amount of flavor.

IF you dont like the cusano 18 try the 5 vegas gold or red label. the gold is very mild but still very good (especially early in the day)
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Welcome cod! The cigar.com house blends are also a good choice for starters. They run the spectrum from very mild to pretty strong. For the price it makes it very affordable to try a wide range of profiles to get an idea of what you like. They offer a sampler of these also. Enjoy!