Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Bet sticks on world series?

Want to find out if anyone wants to take a bet on the world series going on.....I am a big yankees fan so i will be picking them for the series....anyone want in on this?

Comments

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    the world Series?
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    as in we all know it wil be yankees and giants in the end
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Rangers
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Rangers
    +1
  • bandyt09:
    cabinetmaker:
    Rangers
    +1
    2+
    So if everyone thinks who wants the rangers to win...who wants to start a friendly bet? pm me if you want in....im taking yankees...10 stick bet...rocky, perdomo, padilla, etc... kinda sticks...whos in?
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    So if everyone thinks who wants the rangers to win...who wants to start a friendly bet? pm me if you want in....im taking yankees...10 stick bet...rocky, perdomo, padilla, etc... kinda sticks...whos in?
    Why a PM? I'll put YOUR cigars where my mouth is.........I'm in.........
  • Is this a bet for the acls?
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Last year Jeff had a bet that was for the troops. I'd get in on that one again if he plans on doing it again.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    A bit early to predict the Yanks in the world series! I just hope it isnt Yanks vs. Phils again.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Since im a Sox fan ill be rooting for who ever beats the Yankees
  • RaschNuts:
    Since im a Sox fan ill be rooting for who ever beats the Yankees
    same here
    alright bandyt...me and you my friend.....I got ten awesome sticks worth some money on the line here bud.....ill take the yankees to win the series.
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    alright bandyt...me and you my friend.....I got ten awesome sticks worth some money on the line here bud.....ill take the yankees to win the series.
    OK, I'll take that bet and you're gonna regret 'cause the Rangers are the best there's ever been.............
    oh i never said they arent the best they ever have been...but still not good enough to beat the yankees! lol.....so are we betting on the rangers and the yankees? or are we betting on the actual world series final two teams?
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    oh i never said they arent the best they ever have been...but still not good enough to beat the yankees! lol.....so are we betting on the rangers and the yankees? or are we betting on the actual world series final two teams?
    I thought this was your bet, why you asking me?????LOL I say we bet 5 sticks on the Yankees/Rangers and then 10 sticks on the World Series. If the Yanks win the ALCS I'll take the National League in the W.S., WHEN the Rangers win, you get the National League in the W.S.; this way someone is going to get at least 5 sticks, possibly 15 sticks.........................
    sounds like a bet to me my friend! But I know my yankees are going all the way this year
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    sounds like a bet to me my friend! But I know my yankees are going all the way this year
    I know that both of us have too many cigars, LOL so this will at least make the games more interesting........
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Not looking too good for the Wankees!
    hey whoa there....giants got stomped on last night big time
    I'm with Cabi on this one........... At least the Giants were on the road, it didn't happen in their own house. 2 hits, 2 hits in your own house?????? Damn..............................
    i just saw the yankee score...ouch...wat a shame
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    God I hope it isn't gonna be another Phils & Yanks world series.....

"Long ashes my friends."

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Joey, Since my deployment is almost over, I'd normally accept your challenge...however, I'm not sure what'd be worse...winning your cigars or the Yankess losing lol....I must say though, I was surprised to see how the Rangers crushed the Yanks last night (especially with the Yanks ability to pull through in tough situations)...now, if the Giants can only pull through....
    Krieg:
    x2...as much as I want the Giants and Rangers to win (especially the Giants) I think either the Phillies or Yankess will make it...and my money is on the Phillies (sad to say as I want the Giants to win). :(
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Nick2021:
    Krieg:
    x2...as much as I want the Giants and Rangers to win (especially the Giants) I think either the Phillies or Yankess will make it...and my money is on the Phillies (sad to say as I want the Giants to win). :(
    well... I'd have to say,at this point, the Rangers are on a great path... The Yanks have been completely dominated and are rolling out AJ Burnett in game 4...OUCH

as for the NLCS... it's looking pretty close... the Giants looked like a "special" little league team on Sunday and still managed to be in the game for the most part... Cain, Bumgarner and Timmy over the next 3 is not a bad place to be... we have home field advantage which I think is a big deal for this team... I've been at about 85% of the home games this year and they really feed off the crowd... The phillies have their work cut out for them at this point... Hamels is fine, but Blanton? that's a reach... The problem for the Giants is their bats , outside of Cody Ross, are REALLY cold right now... but they hit well at home... I think Pablo might get his fat @ss into a game here soon and make an impact... and Torres wow... dude, stop swinging... take a pitch...

so to sum up... I think the Yanks are hanging on by a very thin thread and should be down 3-0... The NLCS is up for grabs, but the advantage has to be given to SF at this point... They've got 3 at home where they are much more comfortable and confident and they have the advantage in the on the mound and in the bull pen... Philly has been able to hide their pen so far, but that will come to an end at some point...

so Tex in 5 and SF in 5/6
    robbyras:
    Nick2021:
    Krieg:
    well... I'd have to say,at this point, the Rangers are on a great path... The Yanks have been completely dominated and are rolling out AJ Burnett in game 4...OUCH

as for the NLCS... it's looking pretty close... the Giants looked like a "special" little league team on Sunday and still managed to be in the game for the most part... Cain, Bumgarner and Timmy over the next 3 is not a bad place to be... we have home field advantage which I think is a big deal for this team... I've been at about 85% of the home games this year and they really feed off the crowd... The phillies have their work cut out for them at this point... Hamels is fine, but Blanton? that's a reach... The problem for the Giants is their bats , outside of Cody Ross, are REALLY cold right now... but they hit well at home... I think Pablo might get his fat @ss into a game here soon and make an impact... and Torres wow... dude, stop swinging... take a pitch...

so to sum up... I think the Yanks are hanging on by a very thin thread and should be down 3-0... The NLCS is up for grabs, but the advantage has to be given to SF at this point... They've got 3 at home where they are much more comfortable and confident and they have the advantage in the on the mound and in the bull pen... Philly has been able to hide their pen so far, but that will come to an end at some point...

so Tex in 5 and SF in 5/6
    I agree, their bats are what holding the team behind. Cody Ross has been on fire while Torres is holding them behind along with Pablo (in my opinion).
    Could it be a W.S. of the Texas Rangers vs. Cody Ross??????????
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    well... what a game... Cain is my favorite Giants pitcher... hands down... he is such a stud... I love that he is on the Giants!

and the only thing I know for sure is that Cody Ross has played his way into a 3 year deal
    Well, now the stage is set for the Giants to lose the World Series AGAIN to an American West team that has never been there before.........Come on Giants, now do your part.........

Oh yeah, Joey, do you need my address????? LOL