Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Got tequila?

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So I'm looking for a good tequila(reposado or anejo) for a get together I'm going to. It will be drank straight, not mixed. Looking for something very smooth and flavorful but not massivley overpowering. A store close to me has Corazon Anejo, El Tesoro Reposado. , cazadores anejo and reposado on sale. Roccomendatons?

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm not much of a tequila guy (I like whiskey, rum, and vodka better). From what I've seen, though, I'd suggest the Cazadores Anejo, Don Julio Reposado, or Jose Cuervo.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Out of the ones you've listed Corazon is the only one I've had, but I've had plenty of it and it's very good. In fact, I think it is one of the best values for the money at regular (non-sale) prices. Don Julio (my other staple) is also very good.

Just out of curiosity why are you restricting your options to resposado or anejo? The only difference between these and the silver/blanco is how long they have been in the cask and taken on the cask's oakey characteristics. Blanco has been in there the least, resposado longer and anejo the longest so it will taste much more oakey than the others but the quality of the tequila is the same. Personally, I enjoy the blanco across the board on all brands because it tastes like pure tequila. An anejo might come across as overpowering to some because of the oak flavors imparted on the tequila. Blancos are smooth as silk.
  • Options
    Not really limiting, that's just what they had on a pretty good sale price. I've had a few blancos before, and they were good. I've had el tesoro in the past but don't know if it was anejo or reposado. Was just looking for something smooth and with good flavor and not alot of "punch" , know what I mean. I heard corazon fits the bill.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Corzo anejo ................... hands down the best tequila IMHO ..... I was a loyal patron fan and consider it garbage now ......
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Don Julio Anejo has been a favorite of mine. I also like Herradura
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    +1 on the Don Julio. Definitely the smoothest I've had.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    Don Julio Anejo has been a favorite of mine. I also like Herradura
    +1 on the Don Julio Anejo. Super good stuff.
  • Options
    Done. Don Julio it is! Thanks guys.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    You should send TGO a pm Vinny, he's Mr. tequila around here.