Home Non Cigar Related

Hate being unemployed

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
As most of you guys know, I got out of the Army about four months ago. I'm going insane sitting around while waiting for the VA to hand down judgment on my case, I'm tired of waiting for any word from government agencies, I feel like a mooch living on unemployment, and my fiancee and I are saving money for our wedding and our life together (whether we live in Canada or here in the US will depend on if I can find a full-time job here).

Does anyone know anyone/any company/any agency hiring in their area that would have pay decent enough to justify relocation? Please PM me if you guys know anything. I have a resume ready for anyone or any company that needs it.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    dam brother...i hated being on unemployment too so i hit the rat race hard and submitted at least 25 resumes a day and got a job two weeks later! I will def keep my ears open if i hear anything man
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    What was your job in the Army? I am stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and there are a TON of contractor positions around here. There are some that will get you back over to the Middle East, and some that will keep you right here. If you want, I can poke around and see what they have that might be up your alley. Plus, it would be great to have another BOTL near by.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    What was your job in the Army? I am stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and there are a TON of contractor positions around here. There are some that will get you back over to the Middle East, and some that will keep you right here. If you want, I can poke around and see what they have that might be up your alley. Plus, it would be great to have another BOTL near by.
    I was a SIGINT analyst in the Army. Thanks for poking around for me, guys. I really appreciate it. I feel kinda useless just sitting around waiting for a decent job.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Not sure if its any help or not, but recently a large gov./defense contracting company has moved into my town and seems to have a few good job openings. I posted there link below. Good luck with the search.

http://www.star3.com/
    wwhwang:
    ejenne87:
    I was a SIGINT analyst in the Army. Thanks for poking around for me, guys. I really appreciate it. I feel kinda useless just sitting around waiting for a decent job.
    You should look in to L3 Communications. They have a pretty large number of people here in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, as well as a few people in Iraq and Afghanistan. They deal with all types of signals equipment and stuff of that nature. I actually just took a class with them and heard they are looking to hire a few new bodies for this area...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    L3? you mean level 3? if so I have a friend who works for them. he likes it. nothing really around here that I know about as far as hiring.
    phobicsquirrel:
    L3? you mean level 3? if so I have a friend who works for them. he likes it. nothing really around here that I know about as far as hiring.
    As far as I know they are just L3 Communications. And after a quick google search, the they seem to be different companies that dabble in the same work. Maybe you could check them out too
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    phobicsquirrel:
    As far as I know they are just L3 Communications. And after a quick google search, the they seem to be different companies that dabble in the same work. Maybe you could check them out too
    L3 also have facilities here in the Dallas area. Don't know much about them, but they employ a lot of people.
    Definitely checking out L3. Thanks for the suggestion, ejenne. I'm always looking for any other job opportunities, guys. I'd even start my own B&M if I knew anything about managing a business lol
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    There is an L3 here in Salt Lake that seems to always need employees.

As for you feeling like a mooch on unemployment, I hear that so often and it drives me nuts. Unemployment is there to keep people from going completly under and its something you are entiteled to because you pay into it when you have a job. In my mind is like the entire country giving you a boost to get you back on your feet.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Hang in there bro, I will keep an ear out but unemployment is 12.5% around here.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Have you tried USA jobs? Im not even sure if America's Job Bank is still around, but if so they used to have a great feature that would let you type in your MOS & come up with results which matched well with that. Google them to get the web sites if you dont alaready have them.

What part of Canada are you in? kitchener?
    Goldy:
    What part of Canada are you in? kitchener?
    Going to be in the Kitchener/Waterloo area if I move.
    I know there are a bunch of exploration companies in that area that always need help cutting drill core. Its not a pretty job but its a job.
    ooohh, also check out clearencejobs.com. From what I understand that is the best way to get in to the government contracting business.