Home General Discussion

What I've been doing

Hey everyone! It's been quite a while since I've posted and I know at least one person who has wondered where I've been. I'm still alive, still kicking. Life just sometimes doesn't give you a lot of time to browse the webs. Here's a few of my exploits in the last few months I wanted to share with you guys :-)

In August I went white water rafting with my buddy, Stihlhead - And it still didn't stop us from enjoying some Stogies! This is day 2 and my friend Steve is just getting ready to eat sh*t out of the raft in this picture!

This is Day 1, and I took the liberty of pointing out our Herfador in the picture since you can't really see it without me pointing it out.

Also I got the priveledge of FLYING A MOTHER-EFFING-AIRPLANE in September. And wouldn't you know it, it was at a Cigar Club BBQ

And most recently my Carson City Cigar Club was visited by Rob Bersinger, A representative from General Cigar (Partagas, Macanudo, Punch, Etc) (I was taking the picture so I'm not in it)
Rob is the Fellow with grey hair and wearing blue on the left side with glasses and a Corona.

I've been thinking about you guys a lot though and I'm no where near gone so I'll still be around :-)

-Ryan / Gadwinduil

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    looks fanfrickintastic yo hope your life continues in that trend!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Great to hear form you bro... looks like things have been going awesome.

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    My life sucks
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    That is freakin' hilarious dude! I guided rafts and paddled all over the country for a looooonnng time and I've never, never seen anyone smoke a cigar in a rapid. Never even heard of it. I think it's a first! Awesome, looks like you've been having fun.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    That's awesome man! Why didn't we smoke on our whitewater trips? Looks like you have been having some fun. Times like these I feel like I need a vacation.
  • I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you on in awhile. Glad you're doing well Ryan.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    hahhaha....thats awesome man!! Looks like you been out having a blast!!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Looks like a lot of fun! Good for you!
  • It certainly has been pretty good time lately. The funny thing is I got canned from my job back in July and that's about the time I petered off from the forums (I spent a lot of time at work on the forums >.> haha) and all these fun times have occured since I lost my job!

I seriously hope all you guys are doing well - Undulac it's sad to hear you arn't happy at the moment. Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

As for the cigars during the rafting trip - it was a freaking blast, man. You'd think it'd be hard to keep em lit but both days I actually had very little trouble and smoked them both down completely! We also probably had 4 different rafts between the two days that had someone shout to us:
    "We could smell your cigars from 1/4 mile back and they smell great!"
    And no, niether of us smoked Acids! :-)
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Good to hear from you Ryan! Miss you around here, but glad you've been having some fun! Thanks for the pics!

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    ***...my life officially sucks compared to you ryan...dam....i feel like i now need to go skydiving or something extreme
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    The Sniper:
    Good to hear from you Ryan! Miss you around here, but glad you've been having some fun! Thanks for the pics!

+1, Thanks for the update man! Looks like you're having a blast.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just kidding about life sucking Ryan - haha! It's just tough to watch someone to live the life I had while I'm sitting at home watching Dora and Little Einstiens all the time lol.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Just kidding about life sucking Ryan - haha! It's just tough to watch someone to live the life I had while I'm sitting at home watching Dora and Little Einstiens all the time lol.
    Ha! I've been getting a lot of Pooh bear in. I'm so rumbly in my tumbly...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Man that looks like one heck of a good time. This could open up a whole new set of "extreme smoking badges".