Home General Discussion

San Lotano

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Anyone smoke one yet? With the hype and near year long wait, I figured there would be more chatter out around here now that they are available.

Comments

• I haven't been able to try any yet.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I just finished a habano toro and it was very good. The aroma was rich and complex. I got a lot of pepper, spice, and some coffee in the flavor. Good draw, lot's of smoke. It's well made and looks nice. So it has everything I am looking for in a cigar. I'm going to smoke the other 4 I have in the next few weeks and make a final decision, but I'm already fairly certain it's box worthy.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    $50 (tims deal)is hard to spend on cigars you've never had before.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    Did I miss this deal? I also agree that it's hard to spend that much on something I've never had.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked the habano and maduro Alex, the maduro was good, the habano was damn excellent, imo AJ's best blend yet that I've had.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting on my package from UPS....

Deal was pretty decent IMO, most cigars we buy are new anyways...and to get a pack of 10 for $50 shipped was about a 25% savings... add the gordo maduros for $15 made the deal about 40% savings.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I smoked the habano and maduro Alex, the maduro was good, the habano was damn excellent, imo AJ's best blend yet that I've had.
    I agree. i like the maduro and if you are a PAM smoker, it is right in the wheelhouse but for all my money, I love that Habano. Been smoking them like mad lately.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    With all the restrictions we have on this brand in regard to pricing and not putting it online, it is hard to give you guys the insane deals and discounts you may be accustomed to. Still a cigar worth a try. Next time you call in and work with one of our consultant tobacconists ask them to throw in a sample stick.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Here's hoping Kelly has a good deal on these this Saturday; for some reason, I can never get on the Beard's email list, even after asking :(
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I smoked the same as you my friend...the habano was very pleasing to my tongue with just the right amount of spice....very little lol....and the maduro was good, but not my top ten maduro for sure
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    Too rich for me!
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    With all the restrictions we have on this brand in regard to pricing and not putting it online, it is hard to give you guys the insane deals and discounts you may be accustomed to. Still a cigar worth a try. Next time you call in and work with one of our consultant tobacconists ask them to throw in a sample stick.
    No problem, I understand that. It would just be easier to see a deal that was something like 4 for $20, or something like that would be easier than dropping $50 on 10 sticks, which would suck if I didn't like them. Basically it comes down to this: I would rather be out $20 rather than $50. Maybe there is a price point that needed to be made where a profit can be earned, which is well and good, nothing wrong with making a buck. Sorry if I am coming across like an ass, that's not my intention.

"Long ashes my friends."

Sandman1am:
    Krieg:
    Did I miss this deal? I also agree that it's hard to spend that much on something I've never had.
    i think Tim has the South East region, not sure who has your neck of the woods sandman.

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Pm to u krieg
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I didn't get the email from Tim but i'm down to do a split if anyone is interested...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I didn't get the email from Tim but i'm down to do a split if anyone is interested...
    Rob, if you can get 'em I would be interested in a split.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    bandyt09:
    robbyras:
    Rob, if you can get 'em I would be interested in a split.
    I wasn't inlcuded on the email so I don't know if I can... I'll email tim tomorrow and see whats up... I always order through him anyway
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    Sandman1am:
    Krieg:
    i think Tim has the South East region, not sure who has your neck of the woods sandman.
    I deal with Jeff Jackson but usually get all the email deals. Just don't remember seeing this one. I have to call Jeff soon anyway and will see about maybe picking up 1 or3.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I just emailed and got a response back from Kelly; she may have something for this Saturday
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I think this was an email Tim thing a few weeks ago for the deal.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    i have smoked the maduro...it was I agree, one of his better blends. Waiting to try the habano which is rumored to be better.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    hope to try some soon when I return to the states :) Heard a lot of good reviews about them
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Just got my sampler today. I'm gonna smoke one of each ASAP and let the others take a nap. I may do a full review for this one.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Interested to see what people think about these. I'm down for a split too.