Home Non Cigar Related

She's Growing Up Too Fast

So tonight is the first night that I have had to put my daughter in her "big girl" bed. She decided that today was the day when she said no more to the crib and climbed out during her nap time. I am not sure if I should be proud or depressed that she is growing up too fast. For now I am going with depressed.

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dustin1981:
    So tonight is the first night that I have had to put my daughter in her "big girl" bed. She decided that today was the day when she said no more to the crib and climbed out during her nap time. I am not sure if I should be proud or depressed that she is growing up too fast. For now I am going with depressed.
    Hey bro, don't get depressed about it, in her life it is a huge step. When I think about my daughters (5 and 4) growing up too fast I always have to remember the saying, "Always daddy's LITTLE princess". Besides, you think putting her in her "Big Girl" bed is tough, just wait 'til you get to take her to kindergarten.......
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I can relate on this one man! My son is about 2 1/2 and just went through a big growth spurt... He looks so big and is growing up so fast and it can be depressing sometimes... But is really good to see him growing and learning so much. Kids are a lot of fun!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Definately goes so fast...one thing I have learned is as much as it is sad that they grow up, its wonderful to see what they become!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The days go by slow, but years go by fast.

"Long ashes my friends."

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I feel your pain. I have two girls, 4 and 2. I constantly say that I can't wait until they are out of a certain stage and once they are, it depresses me that they are. All but the diaper stage. My baby turned 2 in September and is 95% potty trained. She only uses one diaper at night. Therefore my diaper money just turned into stogie money. I don't mind that stage being over.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    This is SO true! Well put Krieg! I still remember my daughter's attending preschool like it was yesterday. They turned 13 & 11 last month, respectively. Which makes me....

Wow, years really DO go by fast! :-D

Dustin1981:
    Definitely go with PROUD Dustin! Revel in her accomplishments, and cheer her accomplishments from the highest mountaintop you can find! Savor every moment, because it really does go by all too fast.

The really cool news? They find a new way to make you proud of them very nearly every single day. :-D

• Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Its crazy watching her do this. We go upstairs to brush her teeth, read a few books and then go to bed. Right after I finished the 3rd book she looks at me and says "Ok night night" goes over and gets in her bed and asks for her blanket. I am amazed at how she is just doing it. I thought it would be a fight to get her to use the bed but it has been the exact opposite, she gets out and plays once I leave the room but once I hear that she is quite I go to check on her and she is back in the bed sleeping.

I am proud of her but at the same time it is depressing.
    Dustin1981:
    Its crazy watching her do this. We go upstairs to brush her teeth, read a few books and then go to bed. Right after I finished the 3rd book she looks at me and says "Ok night night" goes over and gets in her bed and asks for her blanket. I am amazed at how she is just doing it. I thought it would be a fight to get her to use the bed but it has been the exact opposite, she gets out and plays once I leave the room but once I hear that she is quite I go to check on her and she is back in the bed sleeping.

See? AMAZING! Do you know what an absolute headache the step of sleeping in their own bed is for most parents? Your baby girl is kicking butt Dad, so puff that chest out a little. :-) Her attitude towards this reflects her self confidence and self reliance, both of which will serve her well as she grows.

Now where do you suppose she got those attributes from? Like I said, puff that chest out Dad. :-D

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Dustin1981:

See? AMAZING! Do you know what an absolute headache the step of sleeping in their own bed is for most parents? Your baby girl is kicking butt Dad, so puff that chest out a little. :-) Her attitude towards this reflects her self confidence and self reliance, both of which will serve her well as she grows.

Now where do you suppose she got those attributes from? Like I said, puff that chest out Dad. :-D

+1.... you go, Dad!

My kids (girl 4, boy 3) have been sharing a room for almost three years. I'm just finishing getting my son's room put together. Splitting them up is gonna be a scary adjustment for me. I have no idea how it's gonna go, but I can't wait to do it. Cuz as they get older, they get into more trouble and the two of them together are a force to be reckoned with! No joke!

Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it wont be long till you have to intimidate her boyfriends.

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

Haha I don't even have kids yet, and this is the part that I'm looking FORWARD to! Lol... it helps being big and ugly...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

My dad and I were cleaning 2 of our guns on the couch when my sister brought by her BF for the first time. The look was priceless! If we had known he was coming over we wouldn't have been cleaning them on the couch but oh well. He is still around a few years later so it couldn't have been too scarring.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    kuzi16:

My dad and I were cleaning 2 of our guns on the couch when my sister brought by her BF for the first time. The look was priceless! If we had known he was coming over we wouldn't have been cleaning them on the couch but oh well. He is still around a few years later so it couldn't have been too scarring.
    one girl i dated tried that. i got a big smile on my face and asked him what kind of gun it was (browning 20 gauge lite auto) I showed him my NRA card and i told him i was a fan of that gun but i usually go for a 12 gauge, my favorite gun being a Winchester model 1200 pump. he and i were good friends after that.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do is tell the little pervert that you are going to dust her for prints when she gets home! Works every time!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Get you some shotgun shells and write the name of each suitor on one and place them on your mantle. Non-verbal communication at it's finest.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Ugh... Two little girls now, not looking forward to 7- 10 years from now...

On the up side, I'm not too proud to embarrass the hell out of them...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I've got a niece that is going to be 3 in 2 months. I do not see her very often so I was shocked when I went to visit them and she was walking and trying to talk. I can hardly wait until she is of the age when I can go over and be their for her dates. I'm not big or ugly like Hays ;) but I can be a mean SOB just from my looking at you alone. Then when I open up my mouth ooooh baby watch out. I think my brother is hoping his wife is pregnant with a boy this time LOL.