Home General Discussion

Need help identifying item

Is this an advertising piece or a cigar tool?
It's about 4" long and reads:
Cigar Smokers Articles
Looks like it has a 4 leaf clover with Lucky B T Tobacco Co St Paul Minn.

Here's a picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54827940@N08/5129899607/

Thanks, rf

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    That is a hammer used for opening boxes of cigars. No one uses them any longer so I can say it is for sure an antique. Nice find.
  • Is the slit suppose to be in it? My son-in law "The Welder" said the slit has been cut in it.

Thanks for your help, rf

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Thats pretty cool. My great great grandfather was in the cigar biz in Minneapolis or St. Paul.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rfmiller:

Is the slit suppose to be in it? My son-in law "The Welder" said the slit has been cut in it.

Thanks for your help, rf

The notch may be for opening dress boxes that are held shut with a small nail, the notch would fit around the nail and allow the tool to slide under the lid. Just a thought, I don't know for sure that's what it's for.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    That is a hammer used for opening boxes of cigars. No one uses them any longer so I can say it is for sure an antique. Nice find.
    ive seen new ones of these but they are all from Tatuaje and are inscribed as such.
    if im not mistaken its called the "tatuaje pimp hammer"

im not sure why they are making them... their boxes arent sealed shut with nails. they all have hinges and clasps. the only box i can think of that still uses nails is the RP Edge.

... but rocky doesnt make a box opener.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    A lot of the LE tats do use nails. And of course, all of the Habanos SA dress boxes are nailed shut.