Home General Discussion

Survey

Hello my name is Christian Sapp and I am a college student at CSU Chico. For one of my class i have to write a research paper about participatory cultures. To write the paper we have to analyze an online community, since i was already a member of cigar.com I decide it would be a good idea to analyze cigar.com. If you could please take a few moments to take this six question survey it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any comments you can just leave me a post or send me a private message. To access the survey please just copy the link below and put it in the search bar and it will pop up: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEpsaWRSYTRmaV85a0JZdmE2LWVXQWc6MQ

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Done. Keep up updated on the progress.
  • done
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    complete. It's interesting thinking of my responses to the questions and realizing that I most likely would be far less involved in this hobby, and thus not spending as much money on cigars, were it not for this forum... Well played, cigar.com
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Done
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Done, Please post the results later.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    ejenne87:
    complete. It's interesting thinking of my responses to the questions and realizing that I most likely would be far less involved in this hobby, and thus not spending as much money on cigars, were it not for this forum... Well played, cigar.com
    I'd be a whole hell of a lot more stressed if it weren't for this hobby. And did the survey.
  • Done, and +1 for posting the results sometime
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    done my friend
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Done. I love CCom, the CCom forums, and all the BOTL involved. I've learned more about cigars and blending tobacco than I thought I would learn in a whole lifetime and I always have a support system here to bounce my opinions and thoughts on about cigars and (sometimes) personal life issues.

When I first heard the term "brothers of the leaf", I just thought it was just a bunch of guys that shared a common hobby. Here on the CCom forums, I found it to be much more than that. I found a band of brothers that teach and support each other that were just brought together because of the love of the tobacco leaf.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Done. I learned more about cigars in a month here than i did about engineering in 3 years of school.

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    Done, I think it is super cool that Alex keeps popping in to give us an update. It really gives a neighborhood feel to CCOM that other retailers are lacking.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    questions number 3 and 4 are very similar. the options given for #3 are: Learn more about cigars,The camaraderie, Other but in the next question the answer list does not include camaraderie... i joined for the learning, i stayed for the camaraderie.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    same here, wish you could also pick more than one answer.

"Long ashes my friends."

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    pnaylon:
    Done. I learned more about cigars in a month here than i did about engineering in 3 years of school.

Is this your way of telling me that the grades are struggling again this semester Patrick? LOL

Survey complete. Cant wait to see the results!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done. If you were one of my students, I'd give you extra credit just for smoking cigars!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Done...
  • Hey guys thanks for all your help, some of you said that you wish you could of picked more than one answer so i made a new survey with some of the same questions and some new ones but this time it is all text form no multiple choice. Here is the link: https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/mail.csuchico.edu/viewform?formkey=dFFTQklEbFNsWXBWLWRXcGpDQVFCYnc6MQ
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    kuzi16:
    questions number 3 and 4 are very similar. the options given for #3 are: Learn more about cigars,The camaraderie, Other but in the next question the answer list does not include camaraderie... i joined for the learning, i stayed for the camaraderie.

+1 that's it right there. The guys here have been so cool. I owe so many folks. What a great community.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Did the new one. Loads better than the first.

• I like the survey. Just remember that "Dose" is spelled D-O-E-S. Also, let us know the results and how the project turned out!!!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys done. +1 more on posting the results please.
  • Done
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Done. I'd also be interested in seeing the results.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Done. There were some good questions in there. Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing the results.
  • Hey guys thanks for all the help with taking the survey, i have 42 people who have taken the survey so far if you could please tell your friends and anyone you know on this forum to take the survey it would be great.

Thanks guys
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Done.

Random post

Pick a number.

Fluff.

Move along, nothing to see here....
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    Done!
  • rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    Done
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭